Still love it after 10 years
By niftybergin on
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback LS 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I just turned over 155,000 miles in my Sportback, bought new in 2004. Have to say that I still love this car! I've kept up with the annual maintenance, use fully synthetic oil and high-test gas, and it runs great. Smooth and quiet. One major repair -- the A/C -- in all this time. Everything else has just been regular maintenance. Love that it has good pick-up when I need it to and that it's got enough power to handle mountainous roads. Even after 10 years and 155K miles, I still get 25 MPG city / 31 MPG hwy.
Favorite Features
Great interior space. I use the far-back cargo space for hauling my large dog, but even the back-seat legroom is not too bad. I test-drove the 2004 Outlander at the same time, but ultimately chose the Sportback because it handled like a smaller car, which I liked. Also like that the driver's seat is height-adjustable, which picks me up off the road and makes the car easier to get in and out of.
Suggested Improvements
Could wish that it had a bit more external style and flair, but it's an economy car, so the plainness is not objectionable.