Long Term Review
By IowaRalliart on
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Ralliart 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
Bought our 2004 Ralliart Sportback brand new in February 2005. Just turned 22000 miles (Jan 2008). Knock on wood the car has been free of any problems of any kind. Short of routine maintenance the only thing I've had to do is change a tail light bulb. Car is comfortable but about 5 hours into a long trip I find myself wishing for just a little bit more lower back support. Fit and finish is excellent inside and out. For a wagon it's peppy and handles very well. Gas mileage is what I'd expect for a sport wagon and the engine sings over 3500rpm which is when the engine kicks over to the second cam profile. Ride is stiffer but it's suppose to be - sport suspension. Very happy with the car.
Favorite Features
MIVEC is fun, especially over 3500rpm. Handles well and is rare. Only seen others in pictures. 4-wheel discs with ABS, strut tower braces, sport suspension, better exhaust, lp tires, nice rims, CD, sport interior - all standard. Ours came with 10/100k warranty and 4/45k free maint. Strong brakes.
Suggested Improvements
Has a little too much front brake bias for my liking. This means you have to be very light on the brakes in any snow or the ABS will kick in right away due to front lock but ABS works great. Stopping distance in rain and dry is great.