Wicked is Right
By aimwo4 on
2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I spent a lot of time looking for a car with a stick and passing power (i.e., Mazdaspeed3, etc). The Evo unexpectedly has more rear leg room behind my driver seat, then other cars; attribute this to where I need to adjust the driver's seat in order to accommodate my physique. The Ford Escort and Mazdaspeed3 had very little leg room after I got comfortable in the driver's seat. This car loves the high revs. If you just try to take it easy, it will fight you. The tranny is only smooth up top. Take your time shifting at lower RPMs. The ride is hard and the car isn't quiet. I swapped out the tires for All-season DWSs. If you enjoy driving, the Evo is for you.
Favorite Features
I don't like extras. I do like the USB port & Bluetooth feature. Love the look of my Wicked White car (I didn't like white cars until this). Awesome Traction! Passing Power! 0-60 in less than 5 sec. Cornering is incredible on the stock tires; almost as good on the All-seasons. Interior Recarro seats. 4 Doors. (I have 2 booster seats in the back) Headroom. (No need for telescoping wheel) The basic 140 Watt stereo is plenty.
Suggested Improvements
I took out the spare tire and redesigned my trunk layout; increased cargo capacity. Option to delete the rear wing. A 6th gear. Turbo boost gauge (For some - I don't need it.)
By 8aa2ym
on 01/25/13 11:55 AM (PST)

I have added an ETS Intake system. Performance has increased in both power and fuel economy depending on what I choose. It's a bit noisy (blow-off valve) under partial throttle.