Used 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer-evolution - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer Evolution model:

2012 Evo MR to rule them all
By vampyre

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan MR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We traded in our 2005 Evo 8 GSR/SSL for this new 2012 Evo X MR in Wicked White , We purchased the car in Aug 2013 and it has been worry free. This is by far the car that does it all, if you wanted the best of all worlds this is the car to get.. I have owned many different cars over the years and the Evo just does it all. Great all weather performance and head turning style, some of the older folks will not understand what makes this car special, but if you know what an Evo is then you know why the car is special. My current cars as of writing this list.. Evo X MR Lotus Elise Porsche Cayman S Porsche Cayenne S C3 Corvette I like them all, but the best overall car is the Evo.

Favorite Features

Styling / Aggressive looks Built in 40GB Music Server Navigation System Brakes are great. Reco seats are perfect Taking this car on long drives and enjoying some twisty roads,

Suggested Improvements

Just keep making them, Mits always tosses around the idea of stopping production, I would be truly lost for my next car if that happens.

Wicked is Right
By aimwo4

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I spent a lot of time looking for a car with a stick and passing power (i.e., Mazdaspeed3, etc). The Evo unexpectedly has more rear leg room behind my driver seat, then other cars; attribute this to where I need to adjust the driver's seat in order to accommodate my physique. The Ford Escort and Mazdaspeed3 had very little leg room after I got comfortable in the driver's seat. This car loves the high revs. If you just try to take it easy, it will fight you. The tranny is only smooth up top. Take your time shifting at lower RPMs. The ride is hard and the car isn't quiet. I swapped out the tires for All-season DWSs. If you enjoy driving, the Evo is for you.

Favorite Features

I don't like extras. I do like the USB port & Bluetooth feature. Love the look of my Wicked White car (I didn't like white cars until this). Awesome Traction! Passing Power! 0-60 in less than 5 sec. Cornering is incredible on the stock tires; almost as good on the All-seasons. Interior Recarro seats. 4 Doors. (I have 2 booster seats in the back) Headroom. (No need for telescoping wheel) The basic 140 Watt stereo is plenty.

Suggested Improvements

I took out the spare tire and redesigned my trunk layout; increased cargo capacity. Option to delete the rear wing. A 6th gear. Turbo boost gauge (For some - I don't need it.)