2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Lancer Evolution model:

Sort Reviews by

A Grown Up EVO
By shaftnmn

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I previously owned a 2003 XIII (131K miles) so I have some experience with this model. I use this car as a daily driver so it is not a garage queen. The EVO still thrills after all of these years. The handling and control are amazing and the engine is first-rate. Plenty of improvements over the previous model. The new EVO weighs more and has more things in it but it still has the heart of an EVO when you give it throttle. IMO, it is a great alternative compared to a BMW 3-series, Lexus IS, or Audi A4 for a lot less money. I would recommend the GSR over the MR unless you want paddle-shifting or different shocks/struts and spending an extra $4K.

Favorite Features

Super AWC is unbelievable. If you don't mind using it as a driver's aid, it is amazing how much the car stays in line when under hard cornering. As a friend would say, quick not fast - no one will be able to cut you off on the highway though. Plenty of options to keep one happy (FAST key, leather, heated seats, HIDs, etc.) I know these options are available on other cars but it is nice to have it on an EVO. This car still garnishes looks from others and 5-0 is quick to follow you. The engine is always flat-out awesome. I only have a few thousand miles on the car but I suspect that it will last just as long as the previous car that I had.

Suggested Improvements

IMO, the tires aren't as sticky as previous models but I'm hoping that they will last a lot longer (>20K). The classic Mitsu rear spolier design that cuts across the rear view mirror is still there (I've had that w/3000GT and the previous EVO). Plan to pay a LOT for insurance. Gas mileage is bad (It is an EVO I know but you will be lucky to get 300 miles). ZERO trunk space - between the battery, speaker, and the Super AWC stuff there is no room for anything. I suspect that maintenance will be higher since valves will need adjusting during 30/60/90K maintenance. Still, a great car and I hope Mitsu keeps building car years from now.

the world in your palm
By bull12

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

what an amazing honor to be the first to write a review on the 2011 gsr. OK enough with that nonsense, . So as i pull out of the dealership into heavy traffic, it then dawns on me that I'm in a super car, just before a screeching to a halt to avoid hitting the car there in front of I.Now just out of pure luck I finally make it to the highway(30 minutes later). Yes pedal to the metal and as that twin scroll turbo unleashes all fury on that on that unmistakable 4B11, it throws me back in the seat to be overwhelmed with brain crushing torque, then I click to 4th gear, only to look down and see that I'm already splitting hairs at 120 MPH " oh dang this thang can move" then I have to pump fluid i

Favorite Features

Well wish I had more room to write in the review section " OH WELL" (S-AWC): the world in your palm (YAW) control: concur all (TIRES): super glue (SOUND SYSTEM): hearing aid (RECARO) seats: straight jacket And the list goes on and on.

Suggested Improvements

that big wing is in the line of view when looking through the rear view mirror.