LOVE IT! But don't buy it for the Build Quality.
By notstock on
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I unequivocally LOVE this car. Squeaks rattles and endless, monotonous, cheap plastic and all. I knew going into this deal that build quality and interior materials weren't going to be top notch and I was right. HORRIBLE rattles everywhere! I have 5 separate rattles that happen at all different speeds and frequency's. I have a low speed rattle coming from the drivers side door panel, two acceleration rattles coming from the center console and the dash, and a cruising rattle coming from the passenger side dash. I've been to three separate dealers a total of 7 times to try and fix the rattles with no luck. But all I have to do is mash the throttle and I somehow forget about the rattl
Favorite Features
The transmission is a marvel. I scoff at the 'purists' who say only a manual transmission belongs. I have a family and a wife who doesn't know how to drive a manual. There are times that I NEED her to be able to drive this car. (Not often thank God) Getting stuck in stop and go traffic I'm very thankful for the auto mode. It shifts faster than any human could which equals faster lap times on track days. Still an absolute blast to drive, still get to choose your own gears when and where you want. How is that a bad thing?
Suggested Improvements
Listen up Mitsubishi...DON"T kill the EVO!!! It just needs a few things to be perfect! *Height adjustable seats. *Tilting AND TELESCOPING wheel. *A few soft touch materials and a break up of the monotonous and desert like expanse of dull plastics would be nice. *FIX THE MOTHER ******* RATTLES!!