Most fun you will have on 4 wheels
By yellowfever on
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I have owned Range Rovers (traded it in for the Evo) BMW's, [non-permissible content removed], have driven Porsche's, Lexus, and Mercedes. The Evo by far is the most fun I have ever had in a car. It just feels so raw. Like a car built for one purpose, to go fast in the turns. If you are particular about the interior you are missing the point of this car. BTW, the interior isn't that bad, at least not on the 2012 I have. Mine is only a month old. I get a rattle every once in awhile but to me that adds to the feel of the car. The vibration caused by the motor and tight suspension causing a rattle just makes it feel all the more "serious".
Favorite Features
The seats, the sound of the motor, the looks and by far the handling. I have taken on/off ramps at speeds that brought tears to my eyes. Speeds that once I was out of the turn I had to pinch myself to make sure I was awake because there is no way I should have made a turn at that speed and not have put myself into a wall. The AWD and active YAW control literally seem to change the laws of physics and let you do things in the car that should not be able to be done. It's a supercar at an affordable price. A bonus is the look on the BMW M3 and Porsche drivers face when they can't seem to shake the 40k$ Japanese car in the turns. A few mods and they won't pull away in the straights.
Suggested Improvements
I would prefer a little more power off the showroom floor, although it has plenty of power for the average person. But I don't think the average person buys a car like this. The great thing about the Evo is it comes WAY under tuned and has a lot of power waiting to be released with a few bolt on mods and a tune. Ran out of room in the Fav Features but another is they are not a DIME A DOZEN like BMW's. At least not here in Irvine, CA. I have seen one on the street in the month I have had mine. And the BIG wing and rear diffuser isn't for looks, it does serve a purpose. DOWNFORCE.