2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer Evolution model:
Still going strong after 2 years
By maldris on 01/21/13 10:36 AM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my Evo for 2 years, and it's still going strong. I've kept up with the oil changes and other maintenance check-ups with no problems. The Evo's acceleration is very nice - it will kick you into your seat once the RPMs hit 4k (and you can pretty much keep your engine at 4k if you wanted to). Turbo lag exists, but I only notice it before 10mph - after that, it more than makes up for any time lost. Turning a corner is one of the best things to do in an Evo - it loves corners. When other cars slow down in a corner, the Evo seems to want to do the opposite. It's fancy rally-bred suspension and differential make cornering extremely easy. Simply put, this car is a blast to drive.

Most fun you will have on 4 wheels
By yellowfever on 03/13/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned Range Rovers (traded it in for the Evo) BMW's, [non-permissible content removed], have driven Porsche's, Lexus, and Mercedes. The Evo by far is the most fun I have ever had in a car. It just feels so raw. Like a car built for one purpose, to go fast in the turns. If you are particular about the interior you are missing the point of this car. BTW, the interior isn't that bad, at least not on the 2012 I have. Mine is only a month old. I get a rattle every once in awhile but to me that adds to the feel of the car. The vibration caused by the motor and tight suspension causing a rattle just makes it feel all the more "serious".

LOVE IT! But don't buy it for the Build Quality.
By notstock on 10/30/11 23:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan MR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I unequivocally LOVE this car. Squeaks rattles and endless, monotonous, cheap plastic and all. I knew going into this deal that build quality and interior materials weren't going to be top notch and I was right. HORRIBLE rattles everywhere! I have 5 separate rattles that happen at all different speeds and frequency's. I have a low speed rattle coming from the drivers side door panel, two acceleration rattles coming from the center console and the dash, and a cruising rattle coming from the passenger side dash. I've been to three separate dealers a total of 7 times to try and fix the rattles with no luck. But all I have to do is mash the throttle and I somehow forget about the rattl

My Evo
By Jeremy K on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan MR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I took home my 2010 Evo MR in rally red after driving all the way to Costa Mesa, CA from Billings, MT. Mine came equipped with the Aero kit, Sport interior, and chrome packages. So far I have loved the car immensely and there is no part of me that expects to get bored with it at all. The SST transmission is amazing and the overall performance is always engaging. My only complaints are poor fuel economy due to the rich factory tune and the slight top-end power drop off due to boost taper (also from factory tune) I am preparing to tune the car which will fix both of these issues and will only make the car better. If you want an exclusive car which definitely makes you feel alive, this is it.

STi to EVO
By snowman4us on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I went from a 2008 STi to the 2010 EVO X. STi had a much more pleasant interior, however the seats in the X are amazing. SSS package is a must, and is well worth it. The biggest complaint is overall build quality compared to the STi and the lack of space. Buttons feel cheaper, seating position is not great, even though the seats are amazing. You cant go wrong with either car, but if you want the closest thing to the X you would need to buy a 2011 STi, as 08-2010 don't compare. Paint quality seems to be better then the Subaru, along with less turbo lag (even though its .5 L smaller motor). Probably the biggest difference is fuel economy. The 5 spd is to short and gets 8mpg less the STi got.

Save your money or get an STi
By jason on 07/01/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Reliability has not been what you would expect in a car of this price range. Plagued with a few issues, now that could cost you an engine,

MR Touring 2010
By Bob on 03/30/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan MR Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I sold my 2009 Ralliart for the MR Touring. There is no contest in build quality, performance and comfort. I really have wanted this car since it I first saw it in August. The deal was great and so far for the $$$$$ I feel it is the car for the money. Reminds me of my Audi RS4. Not the interior quality but the performance and looks are all there for $38,000. Too bad Mitsubishi does not put this quality into their lesser cars like the Ralliart. I know that this is their signature auto so I do get that and my son's GTS build quality was also better than the Ralliart also. I now have become a Mitsubishi Fan.

2010 EVO GSR
By psmith on 03/03/10 21:11 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The handling on this car is amazing. I was looking for the car that would be the most fun that could carry kids when necessary. I looked at the BMW1, Mustang, Cooper S, etc. This is by far the tightest car of them all by a country mile. I personally really like the look of the car both inside and out and do not feel the interior is any better or worse than other cars, but I don't have much interest in that either. I also do not think the car is much "harder" over bumps than other cars. The irony is that this car was only supposed to have kids in it as needed, but my wife and kids prefer it over the Toyota Highlander. They actually prefer the more inviting non-leather seats.

2010 EVO X GSR (short term)
By m5anchez on 01/05/10 09:15 AM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I Traded in my 05 Tacoma for the Evo. The car I drove in high school was 90 bhp Mustang so I may be going through a mid 20's crisis. The interior build quality isn't as good as the Toyota, and you will be filling up the tank every 5 days also cops will pay lots of attention to you. However none of these small concerns matter, I am now getting to work early just so I can drive on the road at 6:00 am w/o traffic.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan in VA is:

$151 per month*