2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer Evolution model:
Great Car Horrible Warranty
By evo10 on 05/02/11 21:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

i bought the car with high hopes for the first month loved it fun to drive great car but i started to notice little issues with the transmission it progressively got worse it started to pop second out when you down shift so i took it back to mitsubishi and there service dept. is horrible gave me the run around every time i call they say there going to call me back i have to keep calling them they didn't even provide me a rental took them a week to remove the transmission and now i have to wait for mitsubishi to give the ok to repair or replace it during all this im paying for a car that i cant drive and mitsubishi wont give me a rental but they expect me to pay

1 yr later with the Evo X MR. Still fun!
By X MR Owner in LA on 04/06/10 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan MR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Update after 1yr w/ the X MR. The X is a fun Daily w/SST; I use Manual more than AUTO. My commute is more city than hwy; MPG avg 14.7 over the yr. Interior scratches easily, esp the trim around the glove box & radio. Rear vis with wing is poor. SST autoshifts slow when cold. Storage space: It is what it is. Trunk for wknd trips is ok (two carry- ons); big items need to go in the backseat (dog carrier). Leather is easy to clean/just wipe down. Front seats are comfortable on long road trips. Perf in bad weather is confidence inspiring. Track (Willow Springs) perf is excellent! Turn off ASC and it's Point and Shoot. Helmet clearance is not a prob-I'm 5'9". This X is way better than any XBox.

Amazing Evo X
By grayevox on 02/21/10 06:54 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This AMAZING car is my daily driver and our family car for almost 2 years now. It's very reliable, safe, and SCARY-FAST around the curves, due to it's superb AWD system. It has an extremely responsive handling on asphalt and is very nimble in the pouring rain. It truly is a great TUNER'S car and the 4B11T engine will easily handle 400hp to 500hp:) The interior is mediocre and the trunk is tiny, but the Recaro seats and RockFord sound system are excellent. Gas mileage isn't too bad, my average is 24-26mpg on the hwy. Draft behind an SUV within my 40 mile commute and my 450hp Evo can get 26-28mpg. Considering price and performance potential, the Evo is hard to beat.

Nothing in the price range to beat it...
By Guitarist30 on 11/15/09 00:05 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Performance? Oh yeah.. I owned the Evo IX and this car to me is MUCH better. It still has the cheap interior, thin paint, and bad gas mileage, but the X is a MUCH more comfortable car overall. I'm not a big aftermarket guy, but a tune really goes a leap ahead of what is already an excellent car performance wise. The S-AWC makes the new safe Evo even more safe than it already is by letting you turn the car suddenly without it even batting an eye. Like others have said and will say a strong 6 speed manual would be nice, but I don't drive fast where I live... the speed limit is still 55 and with the tune and a bit of added timing I can get 24-26 on the highway.

Great For The Buy
By JAY on 08/10/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just bought the car. Put about 1500 miles on her. Runs great. Don't really care about the interior. Bought it just for outside look and performance. Drifted around 80 degree turn at 80mph. Handles great! This is a sports car.....Not made for comfort. Don't buy if you want comfort. I bought it for drifting.

Lancer Evolution
By Smith Chaiyakan on 07/16/09 07:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well, this isn't your normal Lancer. Owned this car for 1 year and had no problem but the clutch... I don't even drive hard or launch the car, but around 12k I had to change out the clutch. I ended up getting aftermarket clutch and new flywheel because of the warp. Beside that I enjoy the car and the fun that comes with it. I joined a local car club and ended up mod a bit out of the car... Gas stinks, but it is a 2.0 pushing out near 300hp on a 3k pound car... Love it... Interior is so so if you got the base model, but an EVO is made for driving not luxury.

One of the best performance cars!
By Mitsu guy! on 07/05/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had this car for 1 year now and still love the drive feel of the car. One of the best performance cars I ever driven. Exterior looks stunning. Handling is fantastic. Not so good on the gas mileage, especially with small tank (means need to fill up more often), but looking performance wise not too bad. Need better quality interior for the price of the car. As for reliability, need to do something for the stone chips problems.

2008 GSR SSS/AERO
By Andersen on 07/01/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

No test drive, I knew what I was getting into. First time driving it out of the dealer lot...WOW! This monster has torque, seats are supportive but very difficult to adjust when reclining. The interior plastic parts are below average compared to my 06 Civic. The plastics are flimsy and cheap to the touch. The transmission is notchy [esp. upshifting to 2nd gear and when compared to HONDA tranny]. I've had 2003 WRX so this GSR's tranny isn't that much of a complaint to me.

Super fun car
By bneufelder on 04/28/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan GSR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my Evo and had it shipped across the country without ever test driving it. I was a bit skeptical but read several reviews and bit the bullet. Driving this car is exhilarating. Every time I am behind the will I'm grinning ear to ear. It's by far the fastest car I've ever driven and for the money it's a steal.

Most fun with your pants on!
By X MR Owner in LA on 04/02/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan MR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Excellent perf out of the box! Handling is as nimble as S2000, slight understeer. Very little turbo lag as the RPMs climb effortlessly. The TC-SST is superb! Auto is great in LA traffic, and Manual Sport just screams for open pavement. Driven stick my entire life (I'm 29), I welcome TC-SST technology as an early adapter. Shifts fast! Don't have to give up the power as I would driving a torque converter auto! AWD noise is clunky sometimes, and turn radius is a bit larger than I'd like. Gauges need more driver info, but seats are AWESOME. Steering wheel is perfect size. 1 gripe: car has no "legs!" Small fuel tank means frequent fill. Overall very happy! Can't beat 0% APR & wife can drive it too! :)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.