2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Consumer Review: Fun, but Mitsubishi Does Not B

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Consumer Review

RS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

Fun, but Mitsubishi Does Not Back Up Its Products
By james on

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Lancer Evolution is a fun car! However, Mitsubishi has problems with the synchros in the shifter. I could smell the clutch from this problem. Mitsubishi will not back their product. I had to pay to replace all of this at 3,000 miles. Mitsubishi knows about this problem. There are lots of articles out there about this, if you do a little research. By the time I did my research it was to late, I already bought the car. They give you this big warranty and look for reasons not to back their product.

2nd and 3rd gears are nice. 1st gear has a governer so you can't get off the line. It protects the rear end and tranny. 4th gear is my favorite! It gets you on the freeway.

Beef up the synchros! Back up your product! The dealer waits for a rep before they fix anything under warranty. so all this comes directly from Mitsubishi!