2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer Evolution model:
A Great Performer
By Mark C. on 02/23/05 02:34 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR Edition 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Having owned this car for 5 months, I can't say nothing but good things about the Evo MR. If you're looking for exceptional handling and amazing power, this is the car for you. Being an Edition, this car is a must have for hardcore Evo fans or those looking for a collector's car. I also recommend this car to people who want a fast car who are not interested in tuning it with aftermarket parts and are afraid of losing their warranty. Like I said, the Evo MR is a perfect balance of power and handling, and is very fun to drive. I honestly cannot stop grinning once I get to 6th gear.

The Evolution Rules the Road
By Molly on 02/19/05 09:23 AM (PST)

The Evolution will take you to dimensions on the road that you have never experienced in a sudan before. This car will make you feel like you are flying high on Earth. It is fast off the start and going up a mountain is a breeze. Not only does it hold the road like a sports car but it will stop on a dime. I have two Evolutions, the MR and the VII, and believe me, I LOVE MY CARS!

Car you gotta have.
By Corty Mk III on 02/17/05 03:46 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is something that a car enthusiast should consider having. Powerful, fun to drive and very reliable-as long as you do not abuse it. I have put about 25,000 miles as to date and this car still drives the same since I got it from the dealer. Actually it seems to drive smoother as time goes by. Again, I dont abuse this car. I occassionally do power spurts. Zip here zip there. I still have the original tires on, which are very grippy in dry and still grips very good in heavy rain. The car sticks to the road which most cars could not do going around a clover leaf at about 50 mph!Owning this car is a chance of a lifetime for somebody like me!

Amazing Machine
By wingnut17 on 02/13/05 21:34 PM (PST)

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR is a complete machine. It is everything any driver ever wanted in a vehicle.

What a Blast!
By Arizona MR on 02/11/05 16:36 PM (PST)

I have had the Evo MR for a month and have put 1,000 miles on it, and I can tell you that you have to drive this car to believe it. I took it up to the mountains last weekend, and hit the curves hard. Thrilling is all I can say. I have driven some fast cars in my time, but this is the best mix of speed and handling that I have ever experienced. It also snowed six inches and I got to switch the all wheel drive center differential to the snow setting and the car performed beautifully. What was interesting is that I drove very hard on the way up and used a tank and a quarter of gas, but on the way down I drove conservatively and used less than a half tank! That turbo burns the gas! Great Car!

A Serious Machine
By M. Pasette on 02/06/05 15:45 PM (PST)

This car is really fun to drive. It handles better than any car in its class. The acceleration is very impressive. Not a dragster, but very quick. If you want to tap the potential of this car you'll want to drive it a lot.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
By GTKage on 01/28/05 17:49 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII is a very fun car to drive. It is always comfortable and can be driven fast very easly in straight line or in turns.

Ultimate performance car!!
By Brian T on 01/25/05 13:05 PM (PST)

Excellent all around performance car.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Clutch problems
By ssupra96 on 01/09/05 18:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution runs great, even better on curvy roads. This is truly a comfortable performance ride. I have leather interior racing seats. They really do make a difference in the look of the vehicle. If the back end gets loose trust the limited slip and the four wheel drive to take you through a turn. In plain english, its fun.

totaly awesome
By joe on 01/04/05 10:55 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

i love this car from the bottom of my heart!!!