2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer Evolution model:
Exotic performance at a fractional price
By Visco on 07/07/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Hands down the best blend of power,handling and utility for the serious driving enthusiast. A precision machine that is far more forgiving to drivers than should be expected. 2005 model is underrated from the factory and power output is in the 300hp and 315 ft/lbs. at the crank range based on 4WD dyno results on stock '05 models. Only true competetor at this price point is the STI, of which every magazine that has done a comparison since '03 has choosen the Evolution as the preferred car.

There's no car I would rather own...
By Emily on 06/07/05 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just try to get me out of my Evo. Living in Detroit, I have gotten into many "dream cars," such as the Viper, the Ford GT and others. Yet there is no car I would rather own than the Evo, even if price were not an option. Yes, it is a bit harsh (the MR is a softer ride, thanks to those Bilsteins), but I like knowing exactly what's going on with the car and the road. You adjust to the rough ride quickly and there is no other downside to this car. The seats are heaven and the set up of the car makes you forget that you don't have cruise on long trips. Superior handling, breaking & power make this car the envy of all who see it move. I am a (female) Evo owner for life.

Evolution:n ot a car...it's an experience
By Darryl Dowe on 05/17/05 19:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For the automotive enthusiast, the Lancer Evolution 8 is not just a car, it's an experience. The ultimate expression of the passion and pleasure of driving can be found in one, 4-door sedan sold by Mitsubishi Motors and that vehicle is the Evo. The Evo is the vehicle other vehicles would want to be if they had a hand in their design. It's truly an amazing machine for those who can appreciate it's nuances...definately not a machine for the timid. Get in it and DRIVE!!!

A must drive!!
By J.D. on 05/12/05 11:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR Edition 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I paid MSRP+ fees, and it was worth it. I had to go 4 states away to pick it up because there is none of these cars available (MR, charcoal grey). The ride is rough, but I expected that. If you want a smooth and refined performance car, plan to spend over $100,000. This car will eat up anything on the road and still leave you with a 4-door practical car, and money in your pocket. If you want leather, fancy cup holders and a satellite navigation, go somewhere else. This car is raw performance, recognized by those in the know as a car to respect and fear off the start line or on the back streets. I am a huge fan!

Most Bang For Your Buck
By Larry Landry on 04/01/05 14:19 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When researching for a top perfoming & fun to drive car in the $30,000 range there is a lot to choose from. If you require 4 doors and for the car to practical it cut your choices in half. When they annouced the Evolution was coming I bought every magazine ith a right up on it. It everything they said it was, its the most fun to drive car I've ever driven, not to mention you can leave all the choices of cars behind you wether in the curvy stuff, or straight line. Besides the Subaru which is a direct competitor there wasn't any other choice for me. Subaru was just missing something.

Evo VIII - It GOES!
By Mike Valentin on 03/30/05 19:54 PM (PST)

Got my '05 Evo, and boy am I glad! I've had it now for 4 months. It starts beautifully, looks great and performs like a supercar (Too bad that Mitsubishi is not doing well). The acceleration is slow at 2k/rpm, then at 3k/rpm the turbo cooks and there is an incredible surge of power, which is manageable and easily modulated. When all else fails the Brembo brakes are there to slow you down, in combination with the ABS, in a quick way. The transmission "snicks" its way through the gates; the engine urges you on; the brakes back you up; the chassis is stiff and inspires confidence--more technical features that work together wonderfully.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Rocks
By Nelvitt on 03/16/05 18:55 PM (PST)

This car rocks. It delivers the performance of cars that cost two and three times as much. Its handling is unbelieveable. It is like it is glued to the road. This is a great car.

EVO 8
By vassago on 02/27/05 20:08 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the best production car out for a reasonable price. I test drove both the EVO 8 and the WRX STi, and the Evolution has less power and torque (276hp/286ft-lb. vs 300hp/300ft-lb), but a much better better suspension (much stiffer for better performance), a more advanced AWD system, and the Recaro seats in the EVO hug you, unlike the STi seats which were designed for fat Americans and provide no support. I have not been beat in a race yet and it is the funnest daily driver I've had the pleasure of riding in, let alone owning.

Evolution is Awesome
By maikong on 02/27/05 02:27 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is amazing. If you want a fun car to drive that can dust almost anything on the road this is it. By far the best car on the market today. Picked over a Suburau WRX STi and I am very happy I did. The handling on this car is amazing. Nothing compares to the way this car drives. It is a rally car legal for the street. I picked the VIII instead of the MR becuase for 4 or 5 thousand more dollars the MR is just not worth it. I have a smile on my face everytime I drive my EVO.

Lancer Evolution
By silver03evo on 02/26/05 17:26 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I wanted one for a long time and had heard nothing but good things about the car. When I was finally able to get one, I found out it was everything everyone had said it was. The car is the most fun car to drive I have ever driven.