2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer Evolution model:
Incredible performance under $30k
By jwahl on 04/02/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan VIII 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Evolution competes with vehicles twice its price w/ regard to performance. Specifically, the car's steering feel is unmatched; the vehicle responds immediately to every steering input. Also, grip with the stock Advan tires is exceptional.

The best car period!!!
By Kevin Shi on 12/06/08 09:38 AM (PST)

The EVO VIII handles like a champ, the steering wheel is super responsive, the acceleration from 0-60 is extremely quick. Nice Recaro seats, momo steering wheel. I like the simple interior. Super fun to drive in city, although highway ride is a little rough and noisy, that's the only draw back. After market mods suggested: turbo timer, boost control, cold air intake, turbo back exhaust, HKS intercooler, blowoff valve, racing clutch (optional). The AWD system is amazing in this car. Makes drifting effortless.

Gone in 4.4 Seconds
By John I. on 11/19/06 15:49 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan RS 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Lancer Evo RS is a practical four-door sedan. It is not a boring four-door sedan. I wasn't expecting boredom, but I am continually amazed at how much fun the RS is to drive. If I pick the right gear, response is great. Its handling is beyond belief, especially on wet roads. I replaced the Yoko Advans with Eagle F1 GS-D3's at 22,000 miles. Turn-in isn't quite as sharp, but the Evo is now a little less frantic and somewhat more relaxed, with outstanding handling. The RS did not have a radio. I installed an Alpine CD player and rear speakers only. I've owned a series of MR 2's, a 1LE Z28 and an LT4 Corvette. They were all great cars, but the Evo is a step above.

Fun to drive and great deal
By Brandon on 02/19/06 20:56 PM (PST)

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is great car in all aspects. It's a quick car with a great suspension. It's a great car for the track. It's lots of fun to drive on the highway, canyon, or the track. It is not the greatest every day car and the exterior looks make everyone think your on your way to see the next "Fast and Furious" movie. The interior is basic and simple, but great for the track. Its suspension does a great job in the canyons and tracks, but provides a VERY bumpy ride on anything but smooth and new road. Its steering is quick, which is great for salom or the track but on the highway can get you into some trouble. If you're not paying attention, you can end up in the next lane. Its acceleration is very quick and you hit top speed of 149 in less than a minute, at the track of course.

Amazing
By Eric on 10/20/05 21:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan RS 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have become addicted to this car. This is the actual "Driving Machine". It is a true pleasure to drive. This car has great straight line acceleration and exceptional cornering abilities on wet or dry pavement. It is a true all season vehicle.

A Bullet That Steers
By Justin on 05/31/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

Words can barely describe the feeling of punching the gas and hearing that turbo spool up, the speedometer suddenly shooting upwards and knowing that no matter what the road throws at you your car can more than handle it. Absolute raw power and top-notch handling. You don't really buy a car like this for gas mileage, but I was surprised to find I averaged about 22 mpg, and I drive pretty spiritedly. The leather Recaro seats are extremely comfortable if you're willing to spend the money as well as the Infinity speaker and their crystal clear sound.

Great all around package!
By Joe on 02/24/05 13:56 PM (PST)

I thought I would be buying a BMW 330i when I could for the last three years. It came time and I looked at the 330i, G35, TL, STi and Evo. I only started looking over the Evo a few months ago. I always liked the WRX and thought it would be great own as well. After months of research, driving cars, etc. I went with a 04 Evo VIII w/SSL. I know without a doubt I made the right choice. This car is simply amazing! If you are unsure at least test drive one. I have never known a car to perform so well and to feel so confident doing so. Plus, you can take three other people with you. I would take a firm ride over a fancy clock any day...

Evo Rocks
By Nelvitt on 02/19/05 10:16 AM (PST)

This is a fast, great handling car. It is not a Cadillac, it doesn't have a lot of toys, but bang for the buck it can't be beat.

Performance #1 Priority
By roys44 on 11/12/04 23:15 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Sedan RS 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a demanding car to drive well. It's a blast to drive in light to medium traffic. Not much fun to drive in heavy traffic. The seats are functional but could use a little more padding. Speedo and Tach only partially visible through steering wheel. Noisier than it has to be inside. The ride is pretty stiff. Steering is very quick with a little bump steer and kind of twitchy at higher speeds. Gears are spaced well and shift smooth. If you drove a lot of freeway a 6th gear would help. This is a performance car that doesn't make compromises.

Lemon car
By Thanh Luong on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

First thing clutch was slipping when I boughted ,Idle keep shut off vehicle motor,rear carbon fiber wings bubble and clear coat chip off,vehicle pulsation when braking and 4 wheels brake calipers leaks brake fluid on red paint calipers, driver seat bottom pad fadding and foam torn,center panel shifter cover fadding, As of until now 10/17/2004 Mitsubishi have not done anything as of replace front brake rotors only and not willing to replace front brake pads since complaint as of April ,2004 Everytime I'm come to Dealer or call the Dealer ask about parts has order yet,they keep giving me run around talk ,I'm think soon that I should call Bob Butter W. of State Florida Attorney .