Modern Muscle!
By BigTim on
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I have owned NUMEROUS cars, a'96 BMW M3, a '94 Mazda RX7, a Mini Cooper S, a Volvo 850R, an Audi S4, all of which were extensively modified... This car is by far the most honed instrument that I have ever owned. The only car which was even close to as fun was the Mini. This car is a beast in every way, I am Currently running over 400 hp, have had numerous encounters with the drag strip, and 35,000 miles on the still strong stock clutch. I have had some auto-X and the brakes are still strong and have lots of life left. I ask a lot from my cars and this has been one of the best, most reliable, and wicked cars I have ever owned. It is not for every one, just a select few who put driving above all else.
Favorite Features
I like how this car is ease to modify and abuse tolerant. It has great seats and gets decent gas mileage once modified, Getting a Dynoflash to the ECU helped me go from 18 to 22 mpg.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the knobs that work on the climate control. Work out the tire eating tendencies. Give it better paint. Lean out the stock fuel settings. Provide better dealer service Give us the FQ-400.