2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual - (120 reviews )
The EVO is the real deal
By shaftnmn on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently bought an EVO and all I can say is this car is the real deal. I use my EVO as a daily driver so I've had the opportunity to get a feel for the car. The handling, steering, and control of this car is amazing. On wet or dry pavement, this thing handles like a dream. Snow is a different story since the car is stocked with hi- performance tires. The engine is so zippy. This car hauls like a bullet. After I bought this car, I read every article/review from every major car mag. Not one author gave a negative review and that says a lot about this car. Other than the WRX, there are no equals. Mitsubishi got it right with this thing.

Rating the Evo8
By Abtin on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Amazing performance car. Thats what it was built to do, and it does it damn well.

18000
By evod on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

overall i'm very impressed with the car at this point. the experiences i had with the dealership were worse, as i had a few discrepencies due to a poor pre-delivery inspection done(paint damage and chassis lift point damage). i have done a few modifications to the car, and each one has really brought the car to life even more. the factory boost actuator solenoid had a few issues...and was replaced with an aftermarket. great fun car to drive...and i will be keeping it for a while.

My favorite 4G63-powered car yet
By skaufels4 on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have put over 196K miles on my '95 Eclipse GST (stock 4G63 engine and turbo). Now that I have a wife and 5 year old twins, I need something larger. My wife wanted my to get a Lexus IS300. I wanted a EVO. Once I got my wife to test drive the EVO, she was sold. Also, she doesn't mind the looks and comments she get from passer- byes. This is by far one the most fun cars I have driven. It is an absolute pleasure to drive... power, handling, brakes and exceptional feel. I will continue to use my '95 Eclipe to commute to work, and see how many miles it will go. The EVO will drug of choice for the weekends... putting a smile on face each time I drive it.

perfect
By mewy1 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

guys this cars it's just perfect.

Evolved!
By bzadboy on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A true 4-dr sprts sedan for less than $30,000. Unbelievably fun to drive. If you thought a WRX was fun, wait until you drive this one. Cornering is phenomenal, no body roll and the steering gives you an 'in control' feel at all times. Acceleration is excellent, the car will push you back into your Recaro seat and hold you there as you wind up the speedometer. It's Gran Turismo come to life!

love my EVO
By eddisynn on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had a 96 vette a few years ago, but had to sell it. I never thought that I would find a replacement for it, untill I bought my EVO. It is a fun car that handles great winding backroads, fats on straight freeways, and always entertaining to see a person's reaction when they see what the EVO can do.

EVO VIII
By WRC4ME on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is not a car for just anyone. You must appreciate performance over economy, and comfort. Very well built, known in the Rally World as one of the most reliable cars in racing. Just remember to calculate your insurance cost involved before your purchase, for it is VERY expensive. Overall I love the EVO and has been the best car I have owned to date. $ for $ you can't beat this car in handling, performance, and braking.

Practical Supercar
By LA driver on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

You have to drive this car to know how good it really is. The acceleration, brakes and handling are all outstanding. Put them together on an empty winding road and it is an unforgettable experience. All this in a car that is a practical daily commuter that is reliable and affordable. Try it and you'll never go back to "entry level luxury sports cars"

My Evo
By teo2734 on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I picked a Rally Red. I test drove an STi just to feel the difference between two. Evo outran STi on all aspects. STi felt like a regular sedan vs Evo felt like a true Rally Race Car. Of course U.S. version STi is not the true WRC car because engine is too big (2.5 liters, WRC regulates the engine size to 2.0 liters such as Evo's engine).Well so far I have 1900 miles on my Evo and I enjoyed evry one of those miles with great fun. No m,atter where I pull I get guys or girls onmy car like bees on honey. I am never selling my Evo this is going to be one my toys as long as live.