Used 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual - (120 reviews )

Grocery Getter
By Chad

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned this car for over a year now. I must say I really like owning this car as it is my favorite. The suspension is stiff, the 5 speed is smooth and the turbo is a blast. I would only part with it for another newer Evo and I've owned quite a few cars like the vette, VR4, WS6, S2000, Eclipse GST and Z28 just to name a few.

Turbo, engine legacy, AWD, HID lights, Recaro seats, aggressive body work, very tight suspension, awesome steering, great aftermarket support.

Redesigned rear bodywork, availability of different Evo stages like in the UK, standard boost gauge from factory.

Beauty
By Julzo

the most exciting car..

TURBO

need better interior look

evo4fun
By pinkie74

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have got to say that this is by FAR the best drive to work and anywhere else I drive to. I try to drive as much as possible to enjoy my car.If I could drive on highways I am in rally heaven. Throw in some gravel or debris and the quick handling is at its best. I think that no matter what other car claims to be what the Evo is I will personally still choose the Evo over ANY OTHER!!!

My favorite feature is the tight handling on this car. I am not afraid to take on sharp curves at a pretty good speed.

I supposed that at this time of ridiculous gas prices the only thing I would like to see improvements in the the gas milieage. My Tundra gets better mileage per gallon than my Evo, this however doesn't stop me from driving my Evo everyday.

Super Sedan
By WRX2EVO

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car over a year now and it is a real blast to drive. It handles like a sport bike and stops better than one. It only requires a down shift and I'm in the turbo zone running down almost anything on the road. I love the looks on my friends faces when we take my favorite off ramp at 75mph. The steering is so precise that all it takes is small movements of the wheel to pilot or correct the course of this car.

The amazing steering response and incredible grip.

Weak Clucth, poor warranty service, stupid dealer service crews.(you would think they knew their own cars .. wrong)

2003 Evo 8
By Sroc2

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is for my 2003 Evo 8. The car is awesome but may lack some refinement in the persuit of performance. Quick steering response with bat out of hell acceleration. The 4wd system pulls you through the corners with ease! I love it.

The intercooler waiter spray and rear widshield wiper. Definetly a great feature for foggy weather and hot laps.

I think the airconditions knowbs could be better, fix its idling during hot weather, give interior a bit more style.