2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual - (120 reviews )
Unforgetable Car
By Victor Prado on 03/08/07 15:12 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a very insane car. I am very pleased with the performance, and interior comfort. It has an amazing transmission and is a good drift car! It gets an A+ in my book.

Evo Review
By Steve on 12/09/06 05:24 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is amazing. I love everything about it except for the spoiler blocking the rear view sometimes. It's got the perfect suspension setup (a little harsh for my friends) and it's very functional (large trunk, four doors, etc). It's a fantastic car and easily modifiable.

Modern Muscle!
By BigTim on 05/26/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned NUMEROUS cars, a'96 BMW M3, a '94 Mazda RX7, a Mini Cooper S, a Volvo 850R, an Audi S4, all of which were extensively modified... This car is by far the most honed instrument that I have ever owned. The only car which was even close to as fun was the Mini. This car is a beast in every way, I am Currently running over 400 hp, have had numerous encounters with the drag strip, and 35,000 miles on the still strong stock clutch. I have had some auto-X and the brakes are still strong and have lots of life left. I ask a lot from my cars and this has been one of the best, most reliable, and wicked cars I have ever owned. It is not for every one, just a select few who put driving above all else.

You never find a car more fun to drive!
By Great Car! on 04/25/06 19:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

All I can say is "Wow". I thought Mustangs, Corvettes, and other muscle cars were fun to drive but once I got a hold of my new Lancer EVO, I'll never own another muscle car again. Everything about the performance of this car is exciting whether you're turning a corner or flooring the gas. It almost feels like your driving a go-cart and can do anything you want with it. If you are someone who's into owning something fun to take out each day, the EVO is for you!

Sexy, Sporty, Fun to Drive, and FAST
By dave on 04/15/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the car. I've have had it for over a year now and have no complaints on it at all. The thrill of driving was back in my blood when I purchased the EVO 8. My hat's off to Mitsubishi for actually bringing the car to the states!

This Car is Sweet!
By wiseep buster on 04/09/06 18:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is everything a sane person could ask for. It can roll with the Camaros and Mustangs of the world, while you throw your family in the back seat. It has more than enough room in the trunk for whatever you need and the power to get you anywhere you need to go. Without a doubt, this is one of, if not the best car in its class.

Great Purchase
By Dave Murphy on 02/28/06 14:31 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is a great vehicle. It has given me no problems. It runs great and drives even better. If you purchase this vehicle you know what you are in for, a great time - and that's what you want. It does not have a comfortable ride, but it is not meant to be. Overall, I can't wait to purchase my second EVO!

Still in Love
By Russell on 01/07/06 15:31 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I drive 60 miles round trip to work every day, plus regular family trips and "fun" trips. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is great. With winter tires it is very sure footed for New England winters. With the OEM tires (now worn) the car corners like a dream. The car is just at 21,000 miles and so far I have no problems with it. All the other owners I speak to, confirm that they are exceptionally happy with their choice too. Do not buy the car expecting a high comfort ride, the seats are great but in the end this is a very, very firm rally car.

Some good, some not so good
By EJEvo8 on 12/11/05 00:36 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is a great performer for the dollar. But what has been invested in the drivetrain appears to have been taken away from the interior design. The interior is spartan at best, but anything performance related has been well taken care of. The Momo steering wheel and Recaro bucket seats are in sharp contrast to the very cheap, easily scratched plastics that make up the interior trim. The drivetrain is wonderous, a lot of power is on tap, but the factory paint job suffers from orange peel, and the clear coat easily scratches. Focus on the performance and you'll be grinning. Attempt to take a relaxing cruise and you'll be gritting your teeth. The suspension is brutally stiff, and yet there is some body lean.

a dream come true
By VIII on 08/24/05 02:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

iIve been dreaming about this car since the Lancer Evolution III came out. Finally I can actually own one legally! This car is just too good to be true. It is a real real real head turner. It provides unmatched performance and corners like it's glued to the road. Words cant explain how happy I am with this car. The ride is rough and its totally uncomfortable, but who cares? This is a true sports car!