Used 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer-evolution - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual - (120 reviews )

Unforgetable Car
By Victor Prado

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a very insane car. I am very pleased with the performance, and interior comfort. It has an amazing transmission and is a good drift car! It gets an A+ in my book.

Favorite Features

The Momo racing wheel and Recaro seats.

Suggested Improvements

None

Evo Review
By Steve

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is amazing. I love everything about it except for the spoiler blocking the rear view sometimes. It's got the perfect suspension setup (a little harsh for my friends) and it's very functional (large trunk, four doors, etc). It's a fantastic car and easily modifiable.

Favorite Features

Power. Functional Capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

Make it sleeker. Folding rear seats? Heated seats? Navigation.

Modern Muscle!
By BigTim

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned NUMEROUS cars, a'96 BMW M3, a '94 Mazda RX7, a Mini Cooper S, a Volvo 850R, an Audi S4, all of which were extensively modified... This car is by far the most honed instrument that I have ever owned. The only car which was even close to as fun was the Mini. This car is a beast in every way, I am Currently running over 400 hp, have had numerous encounters with the drag strip, and 35,000 miles on the still strong stock clutch. I have had some auto-X and the brakes are still strong and have lots of life left. I ask a lot from my cars and this has been one of the best, most reliable, and wicked cars I have ever owned. It is not for every one, just a select few who put driving above all else.

Favorite Features

I like how this car is ease to modify and abuse tolerant. It has great seats and gets decent gas mileage once modified, Getting a Dynoflash to the ECU helped me go from 18 to 22 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the knobs that work on the climate control. Work out the tire eating tendencies. Give it better paint. Lean out the stock fuel settings. Provide better dealer service Give us the FQ-400.

You never find a car more fun to drive!
By Great Car!

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

All I can say is "Wow". I thought Mustangs, Corvettes, and other muscle cars were fun to drive but once I got a hold of my new Lancer EVO, I'll never own another muscle car again. Everything about the performance of this car is exciting whether you're turning a corner or flooring the gas. It almost feels like your driving a go-cart and can do anything you want with it. If you are someone who's into owning something fun to take out each day, the EVO is for you!

Favorite Features

Turbo!

Suggested Improvements

It needs to provide a better view of the gages. I have to adjust the steering fairly high just to see how fast I'm going.

Sexy, Sporty, Fun to Drive, and FAST
By dave

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4dr Sport Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the car. I've have had it for over a year now and have no complaints on it at all. The thrill of driving was back in my blood when I purchased the EVO 8. My hat's off to Mitsubishi for actually bringing the car to the states!

Favorite Features

I love the Interior, the Recarro raing seats and matching back seats, add a touch of class. I also like he dash display like the tach in the middle and speedomiter on the left.

Suggested Improvements

None