2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV ES 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)
I have this car for a half year with 2800 miles on it and it became the primary car in our family. Our 2 kids love it, too. The car completely changed my way of thinking as EV owner and driver. Going to a gas station is now hassle to me. Range anxiety is non existent as I learned that I need to think just a little before going for a trip. If the expected distance is above 75-80 miles, I take our Jetta TDI, that simple. Very recently, I have taken my iMiEV for a long trip to test its range when driving up to 40 MPH w/o A/C. I was able to get 93.4 miles with 1 mile remaining. No need to reach for the hidden reserves. It is really fun to drive.
- The electric powertrain itself, its efficiency, design and reliability are the biggest strengths
- 3 choices of driving mode
- Practical design that offers good cargo space
- Easy to make U-turns
- Excellent front visibility
- comfortably seats 4 tall people
- 120V friendly. EVSE-Upgraded charger provides full charge in 13 hours on regular 120V outlet
- favorable price of base model
- center arm rest (difficult)
- speed sensitive volume control (wind & road noise @ higher speeds vs. absolute silence @ stops)
- better power windows control (across all Mitsu's)
- make the ABS check quiet (minor issue but doable)
- Mitsu should improve their EV campaign. There are numbers of unfair negative reviews and it is such a pitty that this great car does not get the appreciation it deserves.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.