Used 2012 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Good car
By dcw3

2012 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for 3 years. Bought with all accessories-it was $25,000. However, purchase price was $19,000. The depreciation is high but not an issue for me since I keep a car for at least 10 yr. Reliability has been excellent with zero problems. SE ride is a little stiffer than base model but handling is excellent. I'm not sure what the other reviewer hated so much about this car.

Favorite Features

100,000 power train warranty Good safety ratings Heated seats are fantastic on cold a.m.'s!

Suggested Improvements

Navi system requires 3 DVD's to cover N. Am.- what's up with that? (Nissan does the same thing) Ride could be a bit softer

It's no evo
By colby_butler

2012 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This Mitsubishi isn't special or have bells and whistles yet it's a comfortable ride and spacious. My model was a base, however I'm sure there are better options available.

Favorite Features

Seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Engine is weak. Should have gotten a V6 version. MPG is fairly high however for the 2.4.

luv this car!
By midway2

2012 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2012 Galant because i was looking for something that is reliable and got good gas mileage, and boy does it fit the bill. But what really attracted me is you can get these only a year old at half of their original value, whereas Camrys, Accords etc. are thousands more. The base ES model lacks some bells & whistles found on other cars, however the interior room,comfort and ride is surprisingly good. The body style is a tad dated (from 2004) but with the money I saved it doesnt matter. Power is adequate. Overall a good, solid, reliable vehicle that can be had for a good price.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive spacious interior durable 4 cyl engine very bright halogen headlights

Suggested Improvements

Just minor stuff-no outside temp display no steering wheel controls for climate, radio hard to see gear light when sun is bright

I hate this car
By lora76

2012 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If I had done some digging before I purchased this car I wouldn't have bought it. I do not like anything about it. I have owned it for 9 months and checked in to trading it off and found out that in 9 months it lost 12000.00 in value. I paid just over 25,000.00 for it and was offered between 13,000 and 15,000 for it. This is just CRAZY.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

save us all and stop making the pos today and refund the total price to all purchasers like me who were stupid.