Used 2010 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

dependable
By txdriver4

2010 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My parents have fords and dodges and i drove those for quite some time then i recently got the galant. i have t say it is a very nice car and worth your money, and it seemed to perform much better than my parents cars.

Great Value for Price
By angel_ortega

2010 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I must say that critic's review is harsh to say the least. I have recently purchased my 2010 Galant for $16K and am very much pleased with my purchase. I must say that the V6 option was a nice feature in the past but with gas prices where they are, I was in the market for a 4 cylinder anyhow. I researched the comparable Camry and Accord and the price margin was at least $3500. As someone that needs a daily commuter with great city and highway mileage (21 city and 30 hwy), the price difference helped with my purchase. Apart from great mileage, the car also has a torque happy 4 cylinder; helpful in lane-changing maneuvers, great cabin and trunk space, as well as, a great sound system.

iPod input; great for long trips, good balance between power and ride comfort, rear leg room, trunk space.

Lack of manual gearbox option; rear seat does not fold down.

Great Value
By dan255

2010 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Edmunds review of this vehicle is REALLY harsh. I test drove many other mid-sized sedans including the Camry, before I purchased my 2010 Galant. A 2010 Camry with close to 20k miles on it would have cost me the same as the brand new 2010 Galant I purchased, with 12 miles. I got a brand new 2010 left over Galant for just over 17k. The sticker price is close to 23k for this vehicle. You will not find a new Camry or Accord out there for anywhere close to this price. For the price the Galant is a great value. I would not pay 5k more for a Camry or Accord, I think the Galant is very close in quality after driving all of them.

Gas mileage- about 30 mpg on the highway. Smooth ride on highway. Interior design, sporty seats, nice looking dashboard area. Plenty of room in the trunk, front and back seats. Price. Has all the featues of more expensive mid-sized sedans. Nice clean looking car.

The one thing that I agree with on Edmunds review is the design of the radio/sound system. It looks a little dated and out of place compared to the rest of the car. It does look kind of look like the front of an old school boom box. Dropped the ball on that one. Also I think it could use just a little more horse power, not that it is slow. Just a tiny improvement on the pick-up would be my only other small complaint.

2010 Galant
By JAY

2010 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Mitsubishi, it's a decent car, Nice smooth ride with quality sounds system

The Metal grill, and sporty rear lights

Xm satellite should be standard in ES, and Change out the all in one Radio/Ac if you want to upgrade the radio you cant with out cutting up the center console..

Great Wheels
By cjf 06/29/2010

2010 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Galant. I have to say I'm impressed. I've only owned it 3 months but it seems like this car is well put together. I must say I don't at all agree with the Edmunds OR Consumer Reports reviews. They seem exceedingly harsh. Although I would have preferred a 6 cyl the 4 cyl is quite adequate. Ok. It might not leap like a race car but it has a lot of pep for a 4 cyl. Handling and response is excellent. And, yes, the engine is slightly noisy at times but it's not loud by any means. The ride is very steady, smooth and even. The interior very stylish and the radio sounds great. As far as the quality of the controls. Everybody uses plastic these days. Seats are comfortable too.

Nice styling. Cool rear lights. Radio speakers sound great. Dashboard is well lit and love the orange lights. Controls are well placed and within reach. Solid ride.

Front grille could be re-designed. Bring back the 6 cyl.