2010 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
dependable
By txdriver4 on 12/01/11 17:56 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My parents have fords and dodges and i drove those for quite some time then i recently got the galant. i have t say it is a very nice car and worth your money, and it seemed to perform much better than my parents cars.

Great Value for Price
By angel_ortega on 10/17/11 18:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I must say that critic's review is harsh to say the least. I have recently purchased my 2010 Galant for $16K and am very much pleased with my purchase. I must say that the V6 option was a nice feature in the past but with gas prices where they are, I was in the market for a 4 cylinder anyhow. I researched the comparable Camry and Accord and the price margin was at least $3500. As someone that needs a daily commuter with great city and highway mileage (21 city and 30 hwy), the price difference helped with my purchase. Apart from great mileage, the car also has a torque happy 4 cylinder; helpful in lane-changing maneuvers, great cabin and trunk space, as well as, a great sound system.

Great Value
By dan255 on 09/25/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Edmunds review of this vehicle is REALLY harsh. I test drove many other mid-sized sedans including the Camry, before I purchased my 2010 Galant. A 2010 Camry with close to 20k miles on it would have cost me the same as the brand new 2010 Galant I purchased, with 12 miles. I got a brand new 2010 left over Galant for just over 17k. The sticker price is close to 23k for this vehicle. You will not find a new Camry or Accord out there for anywhere close to this price. For the price the Galant is a great value. I would not pay 5k more for a Camry or Accord, I think the Galant is very close in quality after driving all of them.

2010 Galant
By JAY on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Mitsubishi, it's a decent car, Nice smooth ride with quality sounds system

Great Wheels
By cjf 06/29/2010 on 06/29/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Galant. I have to say I'm impressed. I've only owned it 3 months but it seems like this car is well put together. I must say I don't at all agree with the Edmunds OR Consumer Reports reviews. They seem exceedingly harsh. Although I would have preferred a 6 cyl the 4 cyl is quite adequate. Ok. It might not leap like a race car but it has a lot of pep for a 4 cyl. Handling and response is excellent. And, yes, the engine is slightly noisy at times but it's not loud by any means. The ride is very steady, smooth and even. The interior very stylish and the radio sounds great. As far as the quality of the controls. Everybody uses plastic these days. Seats are comfortable too.

Nice Car
By meeisdee on 06/07/10 13:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Galant - I have owned a 1992, 2004 and now a 2010. I also own an Endeavour. To me, the Galant can not be beat. It looks good, drives good and is overall - reliable. My first car was topping 200K miles - 140K of which I put on myself. I never had ONE (not even one) major problem. The car was even rear-ended and held up beautifully with no injuries in the back seat. I am pleased with my new 2010 and hope to get as many miles out of this one as I have my others.

Fun to Drive
By Steven E on 05/14/10 20:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Galant, it's not a bad car at all. Its fun to drive and the trunk space is great. The rear seats have a lot of room!

best bang for your bucks
By mayori ciprian on 02/15/10 20:50 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

this is my second galant,and let me tell you it's the best kept secret in the market. for the price i payed for my galant and the features i got in return, toyota and honda could'nt even compete. let me start with the navigation system with back up camera wow,then the six way power adjust drivers seat, sport cloth interior with heat, alloy wheels, fog lights and so much more. the best thing is the 5yr 60,000 bumper to bumper warranty, and 10yr 100,000 mile powertrain.i could go on and on and on.like i said best bang for your bucks.

A great inexpensive car
By T on 02/11/10 05:53 AM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I do not agree with Edmunds review of this car. The car is just as up to date as the newest Camrys or Accords and just as stylish. It is very smooth and quiet and has adequate power for all driving situations.

Not Bad!
By Chet Baker on 01/31/10 12:06 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Galant SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I do agree with Edmunds regarding comparison with other vehicles in the 24K range, but let's put things into perspective... Mitsubishi is letting these cars go for about the same price that you would pay for a well equipped Civic! I was able to purchase the SE model for 18K. For the money, I know that a reliable, fun to drive, and not bad looking car was purchased. The warranty can't be beat. I do wish that the gas mileage was a little better, but it's not terrible.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mitsubishi Galant in VA is:

$134 per month*