Used 2008 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Great car, great value
By bosox1001

2008 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased mine with about 42k miles on it and a year later have it approaching 61k. It's a great car that is both practical for commuting AND fun to drive! As far as value within class, it blows away anything Honda can offer. Don't be fooled by it only being a 4 cylinder 4 speed automatic and think it has a weak engine. It gets a surprising amount of power for it's engine size, but since it's not a 3L V6, it gets very respectable gas mileage. Plus the tank is huge, I can get around 420+ miles per tank. The trunk is also HUGE, as I do a lot of tailgating and it can fit multiple fold-up tables, grills, wood, coolers, with room to spare. Overall, it's a very great value.

never fails
By jtho249

2008 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Galant for over two years and 40,000 miles. I've taken it on long trips and I obviously drive it every day. it is easy to drive. I have not had one issue mechanically. don't get the seats wet. the cloth they used will show a ring just from water. I have had to steam clean the seats to get the marks out. this car looks good and I will always recommend it to friends. as in most cases. treat your car well and it will treat you well.

the car gives back what you give it when driving. if you turn the wheel a little. that's what you get. if you turn it a lot that's what you get. if you get decent tires on it the ride is amazing.

make the cloth seats more stain resistant. add standard Aux inputs for the stereo.

Consumer Ratings have more value
By lovemycar

2008 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Galant. It's stylish, nice looking interior. Great on gas. Had it for over 2 years now and still love driving it! I usually get sick of cars quickly, not this one, not yet anyway.

Radio control at the steering wheel. Ice blue light up dash. shiftmatic.

Should have had the option of factory installed moon roof. Completely air tight, sometimes it gets too hot in the car.

Hope it lasts as long as my Explorer!
By jinsan

2008 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my '08 Galant with 30k miles and have now put 2k on it. I just hope that it lasts as long as my '02 Explorer (152k trouble free miles). I drive 20k miles per year, mostly commuting to work and 95% highway. So far, I must say that this car rides and handles well...has plenty of power and is VERY quiet! I am pleasantly surprised with Mitsu's build quality and hope to drive this car for 150k+ miles! Waiting to see how it handles in the snow!!!

Quiet cabin. Comfortable seating, and plenty of room in the back seat as well as a roomy trunk. Decent level of standard features. Engine compartment (2.4L) seems serviceable (I am a mechanical engineer and still like to do my own work whenever possible). Styling is functional.

There are a few blind spots and it would be good if Mitsu had included "breakaway" side mirrors...I can see these being "broken" (and costly to repair). Steering is somewhat vague on the highway...maybe I just need to get used to driving a car again after 10 years with 4WD :)

Love my Galant
By Jerry

2008 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at the competition and felt the quality and pricing on this beauty was fair. I bought a nice base model and had leather seats installed. Still feel great tooling around in my Mitsubishi. It's a sporty, yet sensible commuter family sedan. Getting about 27 mpg avg. AC good, roomy interior, quiet ride. Have had a couple of trim retainers pop loose but not an issue.

Handling, looks, roomy interior, mpg.

Leave it alone, stay below Accord and Altima pricing. Continue better warranty and serve the value minded market.