Used 2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Most Helpful|
2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart is expensive to maintain
By bbod78

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart as a second owner when the vehicle only had 11,000 miles on it. The car is amazingly fun to drive with excellent acceleration and handling, it is also amazingly expensive to maintain. The parts and labor associated with fixing this vehicle are out of control and difficult to locate. The gas mileage is unacceptable for today's gas prices (I average about 16 MPG city/22 MPG highway, non-aggressive driving). The tires, too, that come standard with this car cost nearly $200 a tire and last only approximately 30,000 miles. Frequently stores don't even have the tires in stock and have to special order them! This car was too much of an expensive.

Favorite Features

handling, acceleration, responsive brakes, Rockford Fosgate sound system

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system was very antiquated in comparsion to other vehicles' navigation systems from that year. It looks as if a child drew the maps. The MPG are low. The parts are expensive and hard to find. Labor is expensive. Tires are ridiculously expensive and require special ordering.

Still the BEST
By lreimer

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Think I wrote shortly after my purchase - have now owned the car 3.5 yrs and have 40,000 on it. Speaking from experience the Ralliart is simply THE BEST - better than Mercedes or BMW - much more fun to drive. I get 18MPG City and 28MPG Hiway. Everything just "feels" right. Had an 07 Eclipse Spyder 6-spd before this - and SAME comments. Only reason I traded it was top "slit" twice in Miami Parking. A "tip" for Ralliart Owners - the engine runs FINE on "Regular" - Mitsu says "Premium RECOMMENDED" - but 3.8 V6 still perfect on Regular - one SWEET engine! One SWEET car!!! A real KEEPER - and a REAL "Sleeper" !! Only about 2500 total made during 07-09 Model run.

Favorite Features

Performance, reliability, design, build quality, driving experience

Suggested Improvements

If I had one "wish" - it would be for the 6-spd Manual that was on my 07 Eclipse Spyder with the same engine

Love this car
By Dionnie

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best car I've purchased. It handles very well. Lots of muscle and speed. The Sunset Pearlescent color turns a lot of heads. I'm keeping this one.

Favorite Features

I was first attracted to the color. My favorite are the safety features. Lots of airbags.

Love it!
By Samantha

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 500 miles on it. Am at 60k now and still enjoy this car. Love the features, heated leather seats, navi, sunroof, and rockford fosgate sound system. This car is reliable. I only have to take it to Mitsubishi for oil changes. It is roomy and comfortable on long trips. Gas mileage is decent. Love, love, love the horsepower! What a great car at a great price. I traded my Volkswagen Passat for this car and glad I did.

Favorite Features

Engine and interior features. Also, very attractive exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius, but you get used to it.

'07 Ralliart Joyride
By MitsuMan

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my '07 Ralliart used with 13k miles. Still own a '97 Galant ES with 161k on it (awesome reliability). Have to say, I am absolutely blown away with the Ralliart; it's the most fun I've ever had driving. This car just begs to get out and run in the left lane. Cruises along smooth as silk at 40, 60, 80 MPH. Interior is immaculate and I love the leather and the high quality feel of the dash pieces. Everything about the car just feels right. From the way it drives to the way it looks to the solid, high-quality feel of the controls, seats, and movable parts. Overall, this has to be the best car you never really hear much about. Buy one and you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, sunset pearlescent paint, handling, Rockford Fosgate sound system, interior passenger space, trip computer (not navi), satellite radio. Being able to keep up with and pass all of those "high end" sport/lux sedans that get all the big press (and big $$).

Suggested Improvements

About 20HP more from same size engine, better city gas mileage, front seat headrests that reach out to support your head without having to lean back so far, telescoping steering wheel, fold-down back seat. These are all "nice -to-haves" though. This is an excellent car just the way it is.