Used 2007 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart is expensive to maintain
By bbod78

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart as a second owner when the vehicle only had 11,000 miles on it. The car is amazingly fun to drive with excellent acceleration and handling, it is also amazingly expensive to maintain. The parts and labor associated with fixing this vehicle are out of control and difficult to locate. The gas mileage is unacceptable for today's gas prices (I average about 16 MPG city/22 MPG highway, non-aggressive driving). The tires, too, that come standard with this car cost nearly $200 a tire and last only approximately 30,000 miles. Frequently stores don't even have the tires in stock and have to special order them! This car was too much of an expensive.

Favorite Features

handling, acceleration, responsive brakes, Rockford Fosgate sound system

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system was very antiquated in comparsion to other vehicles' navigation systems from that year. It looks as if a child drew the maps. The MPG are low. The parts are expensive and hard to find. Labor is expensive. Tires are ridiculously expensive and require special ordering.

What a great car!
By canadamorris

2007 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned the Galant for a little more than three weeks, and already I love it! It's great inside, has a lot of power for a four cylinder, and handles nicely. I got this car for a much better price than I could have an Accord or Camry, and boy am I glad I did! I'm a big guy, so it's hard to find a car that I can fit into, but this fits me like a glove! I also love the blue backlights on the dash and radio. I also really like the high crash ratings. I really don't understand the one negative review on the car, since the Galant is an absolute dream to drive! I would highly recommend this (or any Mitsubishi) to one of my friends, or practically anyone looking for a good, fun, car!

Favorite Features

Lots of space inside, great interior design, very comfortable, I love the blue dash lights, lots of power in a four cylinder, amazing crash test ratings, and just a blast to drive. Also, unlike the Accord or Camry, you won't see fifty Galants on your way to work/school every day!

Suggested Improvements

Could have used a bigger trunk, rear end kind of looks like a Dodge (and funny), the heater doesn't always work perfectly when you are stopped and the fan isn't turned up quite a bit, there was not even a chance of me getting a manual trans in this car, and there are no lights on the driver's door control (except for the driver's window). Also could have used an AUX port to connect an iPod.

Wow!!! I never thought I would be this happy with car!
By galantbylisa

2007 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I saw the one negative review on here about the glare of the interior and the blind spots in the rear flanks and how it is difficult to park.. and all I have to say is LOL! I am IN LOVE with this car and I NEVER thought I would ever write a positive review for a car in my life, but the Galant has driven me to it (no pun intended)! Yes, there are blind spots in the back (I have yet to drive a vehicle that does not have blind spots), and I have NO idea what he is talking about as far as the glare goes. The u-turns are a little more wider than say a Toyota Corolla (a car I currently still have), but not at all difficult for parking (unless you don't know how to park). HIGHLY recommended!

Favorite Features

I think it's funny that Edmunds says the interior feels cheap, because the interior is my favorite part. I think it looks futuristic and sleek - with blue lights at night. The interior is also VERY roomy and comfortable, something similar vehicles lack. On the contrary, I think it looks borderline luxury inside and my entire family thinks so, too. The design of the outside is sleek and modern - especially for a 2007 model and I purchased this in 2011. I feel like I am driving an expensive luxury car and am proud of my choice to purchase it. With only 32k miles on it and expected to last until between 150k - 200k, according to my research, I expect I shall feel this way a long time!

Suggested Improvements

The ONLY thing it did not come with was an MP3 hookup for my player. I thought for a 2007, it should come standard. Although I also really like the sun visors and the additional slide-outs, I would have liked the light up mirrors to also come standard on this vehicle since I frequently drive at night. But at 26 MPG's (averaging - I drive mostly highway miles), for a ride like this, I cannot complain at all! It's a pretty speedy/powerful car for what it is at 4 cyl!

Still the BEST
By lreimer

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Think I wrote shortly after my purchase - have now owned the car 3.5 yrs and have 40,000 on it. Speaking from experience the Ralliart is simply THE BEST - better than Mercedes or BMW - much more fun to drive. I get 18MPG City and 28MPG Hiway. Everything just "feels" right. Had an 07 Eclipse Spyder 6-spd before this - and SAME comments. Only reason I traded it was top "slit" twice in Miami Parking. A "tip" for Ralliart Owners - the engine runs FINE on "Regular" - Mitsu says "Premium RECOMMENDED" - but 3.8 V6 still perfect on Regular - one SWEET engine! One SWEET car!!! A real KEEPER - and a REAL "Sleeper" !! Only about 2500 total made during 07-09 Model run.

Favorite Features

Performance, reliability, design, build quality, driving experience

Suggested Improvements

If I had one "wish" - it would be for the 6-spd Manual that was on my 07 Eclipse Spyder with the same engine

Love it!
By Samantha

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 500 miles on it. Am at 60k now and still enjoy this car. Love the features, heated leather seats, navi, sunroof, and rockford fosgate sound system. This car is reliable. I only have to take it to Mitsubishi for oil changes. It is roomy and comfortable on long trips. Gas mileage is decent. Love, love, love the horsepower! What a great car at a great price. I traded my Volkswagen Passat for this car and glad I did.

Favorite Features

Engine and interior features. Also, very attractive exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius, but you get used to it.