2006 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Great car for the price
By dscarchick on 10/17/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my used Galant 6 months ago and so far its been the most reliable car I've owned. It's the first import I've owned as well. Very comfortable to drive and I get 29 mpg with the 6 cylinder engine. Granted, it isn't a German luxury car but if your looking for an affordable used car with a good reputation, this is it. I like it so much in fact, i'm going to buy a 2012 model when my financial situation improves. I was bummed to hear 2012 was the last year but who knows, maybe Mitsubishi will make a new full size car with similar features. Overall, a good buy.

Great value for my buck
By sirvince on 11/18/12 20:39 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just changed jobs and had to give up my company car sooner then I thought and bought this car without even test driving it from a dealer. I just had a good feeling about the car..Now that I own it I just love it.. Even with the 98,000 miles on it I could tell it was well cared for. Not even one door dig on it so I know the last person watched were they parked it to avoid door digs. Why would someone do all that and not care for the car..Right? I was sad to hear that this car will be dropped after 2012. Just when I find a car I like it's discontinued. Sure a Honda or Toyota is a higher rated car but also a higher price..In these hard times the Galant offered me great value for my dollar

Galant Lover
By Joe & Nayra on 08/28/10 22:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Galant we've owned. The first one was a 2003 model. We bought it used with 140,000 miles on it and it drove very good for three years. With that type of dependability we decided to go for another one. The 2006 model we just bought has 60,000 miles on it but drives great and it looks like new inside out!

I am Queen of the Road
By Miss Penny on 01/17/10 05:11 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Galant! It chose me at the dealership-I didn't choose it. I didn't even test drive it--I simple drove it away and you have been unable to catch me ever since. It handles great and I haven't had any problems at all with it. It is very fast (or maybe that's just me) I got a lot of bang for a little buck. Used with 22000 miles it was practically brand new. I'll never give it up!

I Purchased Used
By Jason Bittner on 05/11/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used. It was a one owner lease and well taken care of. I never anticipated buying a Galant. I was in the market for a Camry or Accord. The value of this vehicle is great. I bought a 4 year old car with a warranty, Honda or Toyota couldn't come close. I have now owned this car for one week and absolutely love driving it.

Quick, sporty, more bang for your buck.
By Kaarst on 05/29/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 3,000 test drive miles on it. It was brand new. Almost a year later - it still drives like new. Quick off the line, quick stops, it hugs the road through cornering. It has the look and feel of a European driving machine. "Poor man's BMW" is what I call it.

Awesome Car
By Josh on 05/22/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Galant is a very under-rated sedan. It handles great, even with the 4 cyl. has plenty of power when needed and can get great gas mileage. It handles very well and looks awesome. It is very unique, not many people drive them. Despite its EPA rating being lower than other sedans, I still manage to get 25-26 mpg by driving it in town. The Galant is an awesome car. Even after two and a half years it feels new. The resale value isn't very good, but that does mean a used one would be a lot cheaper than a new one and still a great ride.

Back slip problem
By n ancy on 05/17/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Galant 1st was 2003 just purchased 2006. Love the improvements made to the newer model, but my 2006 backslips when on an incline. Brought back to the dealer and was told thats just how the car is and it was because the rpm weren't as high as the 2003 model.

GTS Fan
By Ohio Owner on 01/03/08 04:12 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Really like this GTS model-fun to drive, smooth ride after some new tires were put on and handles great for a sedan. Interior is put together well and very comfortable-best Mitsu I've had.

Sexy Red Galant
By Lwilliams on 10/20/06 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Galant SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Black Mitsubishi Galant ES in January. The car was very nice but was lacking something. One month after I purchased the 2006 Galant ES, Mitsubishi introduced the 2006 Special Edition Galant. A beautiful car, everything I wanted in the Galant: style, substance, and leather seats. The SE was the type of car I was supposed to have, so I got. Love every minute of it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.