Used 2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Was Happy Unitl
By al4me23

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car was great until it hit 80k miles...then it went downhill. I had to replace the starter, all 4 rotors, timing belt and both catalytic converters(twice) and all 5 O2 sensors(yes 5). And then the transmission started to slip at 95kmi. After the 2nd converter replacement I found out the car had at least 2 bad exhaust valves causing the converters to be blown out. I promptly traded in it after I got the check engine light code cleared. It was a good car until the end..sadly the end was relatively young for what today's car should get you mileage wise. I bought a Honda and I love it but I'm never buying a Mits again because they closed the dealership and now the closets dealer is 60miles away.

Great Car
By X-Men

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have bought this car for 2 months as 2nd hand and I'm loving it so far. I gives me the power when ever I needed it on a highway/city and the comfort the car gives is imaginable. Great "Infinity" stereo sound system with 6CD changer.

Favorite Features

Very roomy in the front and back seats, very comfortable on the road and quick response on the pedal. Great "Infinity" stereo sound system and nice exterior looking.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy and horsepower is BAD compare to similar competitor like Accord, Altima and Camry. Heated seats and Alloy Rim should be standard and no fold down seats is weird. The interior light is not bright enough.

Been a very nice car
By Knights81381

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my car used at 23,000 miles. I have literally have 0 problems with it. It has been one of the greatest cars i have ever owned.

Favorite Features

In dash CD changer, heated seats and of course the fact the car has not ever broke down on me.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, better gas mileage

Dukes review
By Alan Duke

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car has smooth ride. Throttle reaction time is awesome. wide open interior. Gas mileage 26-28 mpg in town 29-31 highway. Awesome 6 disk 6 speaker stereo system. Handles well for small/midsized car. Big trunk space. Great head room. Ive owned galants since 92. Extremely dependable

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

upgrade carpet

Economical & Surprising 4L
By M. Planas

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Looking for an inexpensive used four cylinder sedan, came across the Mitsubishi Galant. I was most impressed with the suspension and interior comfort. This is as good as it gets for your money.

Favorite Features

Suspension and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, engine noise.