2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Was Happy Unitl
By al4me23 on 07/15/14 13:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car was great until it hit 80k miles...then it went downhill. I had to replace the starter, all 4 rotors, timing belt and both catalytic converters(twice) and all 5 O2 sensors(yes 5). And then the transmission started to slip at 95kmi. After the 2nd converter replacement I found out the car had at least 2 bad exhaust valves causing the converters to be blown out. I promptly traded in it after I got the check engine light code cleared. It was a good car until the end..sadly the end was relatively young for what today's car should get you mileage wise. I bought a Honda and I love it but I'm never buying a Mits again because they closed the dealership and now the closets dealer is 60miles away.

Great Car
By X-Men on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have bought this car for 2 months as 2nd hand and I'm loving it so far. I gives me the power when ever I needed it on a highway/city and the comfort the car gives is imaginable. Great "Infinity" stereo sound system with 6CD changer.

Been a very nice car
By Knights81381 on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my car used at 23,000 miles. I have literally have 0 problems with it. It has been one of the greatest cars i have ever owned.

Dukes review
By Alan Duke on 03/21/10 00:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car has smooth ride. Throttle reaction time is awesome. wide open interior. Gas mileage 26-28 mpg in town 29-31 highway. Awesome 6 disk 6 speaker stereo system. Handles well for small/midsized car. Big trunk space. Great head room. Ive owned galants since 92. Extremely dependable

Economical & Surprising 4L
By M. Planas on 06/29/09 14:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Looking for an inexpensive used four cylinder sedan, came across the Mitsubishi Galant. I was most impressed with the suspension and interior comfort. This is as good as it gets for your money.

Love it!!!!!!!!
By Nibseysgirl on 03/14/09 21:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Galant right b4 Christmas this past year...My present to me...YAHOO. Its the first "new" car I have had...I am so glad I got it. Have had no issues to speak of except that the windshield washer reservoir is broken (big whole in the bottom..didn't know that till I went to put fluid in...good thing it's CHEAP...watered the ground) I have literally had to do nothing to this car since I bought it but replace worn windshield wipers and put gas in it. I think this is the smoothest nicest car I have driven. I love it...

Love it
By Tanya on 03/04/09 11:19 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was skeptical about buying my used Galant because the mileage was so high, but so far, I have no complaints about my Galant. As long as I keep up the regular maintenance up on it, all seems to be ok.

AC Broke
By Dee 39203 on 06/17/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At first I loved my Galant, but since the AC went out, I've been in what has literally felt like hell. I have an all black leather interior which draws heat. I took the car to the shop and my air conditioner is broken. I was told that it would cost $941.00 to fix it.

Worth a look
By jeff on 05/03/08 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my GTS for just under 4 years. It's fun to drive (very quick), pretty quiet, good interior room( and looks good too, decent trunk space, handles well. Average fuel economy for an engine this size. My ONLY complaint about this is the turning radius is just a little to large. If they fixed that, it would be close to perfect. I have owned Camry's, Accords, and American sedans and this is as good as any and better than most. Warranty is much better than most also. I would recommend to anyone looking for a fun to drive sedan.

Great, Fun, and Safe
By Happy in Ohio on 09/21/07 19:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car on the spot after a test drive, I am very pleased with the car, I have just turned 50,000 miles on it and it still drives like the day I drove it off the lot. It has great acceleration, I have had it in the Smoky Mountains and love the handling. Needless to say I recommend this car for anyone who wants to enjoy their daily drive.