2004 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Review: My 2nd Galant. Great Car. Wo

2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Review

ES Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My 2nd Galant. Great Car. Would Buy Another
By my2galant on

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I started off with a '97 Galant which I drove until 163,000 mi and spent less than $1000 on repairs for the 7 years I drove the car. I purchased the 2004 Galant as a dealer car. It had 12,000 miles on it. This car has had 1 problem w/AC condenser around 80,000 mi and it cost us $800 to repair. I've never waited for parts. At 130,000 mi we had the timing belt replaced and while engine was apart we had oil pump and seals replaced as preventive main. It cost us $900. We have 210,000 on the car now and it's going strong. We would buy another with no questions. This is a wonderful car to drive and roomy. We average 30MPG on trips. Oil changes are easy DIY. Buy new/used with confidence.

Handling, Reliability and Great Gas Mileage. This car still turns heads and people still think it's much newer than 2004. We went looking at new cars at a Kia dealership the other day and no joke two different people thought it was a new Kia. We did just have the car detailed and it looked really nice but you can image how the salesman felt that people were interested in a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant instead of their 2012 Optima. I had a great laugh.

Could use more comfortable sets even though it has lumbar and height adjustments. It's almost impossible to get anything that falls between the front seats and console and could use a cargo net in the trunk. We also do not like the bottom two spokes on the steering wheel as there isn't enough room to hold onto the wheel with one hand at bottom. Just my preference of driving.