Used 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Gas Hog
By Andrew

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I didn't buy the 2004 Mitsubishi Galant, mine was just a long-term rental while my car was recovering from an accident and waiting for parts, etc. It is a nice car, but the seats don't have much for lumbar support, even the driver's seat. There is plenty of legroom though (I'm 6'2") and the power was nice. I was disappointed that my 1996 Saturn SL2 gets a whopping 10+ more MPG than this newer sedan. I wouldn't buy it for that reason alone. It only churned out 17-20 MPG depending on my ratio of city / highway driving.

great car
By kopykopron

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the fact that I owne the only Galant GTS in my town, I have had this car on trips over 600 miles and less and have had the best ride i could get. The GTS turns heads every where I go, I would not trade the GTS for anything else out there at this time. This has to be one of the best decisions I've made when buying a new car. It gives me the power as well as handling I want. Once you drive it you won't want anything else.

Favorite Features

The power thats at my feet when I need it. Comfort control. Radio (6 disk in dash) exterior, and the way that all the lights stand out. The all around performance and handling

Suggested Improvements

Improve the interior trim.

Just three letters.........G T S!
By John

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have found the comparison of amenities to car price for the GTS to be the best out of sedans. However, I have been plagued by problems since I purchased it. I only hope Mitsubishi can fix them since the car is great all- around.

Favorite Features

230 horses......Vroom! Great sound from Infinity! Very stylish and sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality and overall solid feel to the car.

Huge Step Up From 2000 to 2004 Galant
By Stuckey

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I always liked my 2000 Galant but after driving the 2004 model I feel like I've moved up from a small economy sedan to a very well appointed and substantial mid-size sedan. I bought my 2000 Galant in part based on its very sharp looking body lines. The 2004 model is not quite as unique as the 2000, but much more exciting than the generic body styles of the Camry, Accord, and 626s. The Altima also seems to be the exception to the body blues. Where the 2004 Galant really seperates itself from the 2000 model and the rest of the pack is in its absolutely gorgeous interior. The car rides, tracks and steers nicely. It has very good visability, comfortable seats and is EXTREMELY FAST!

Favorite Features

Stereo upgrade ROCKS, the dash with its blue lit instuments, tempting 6 cylinder horsepower, only car like it in town of 35000, interior colors and textures, sportronic shifting, large, comfotable back seat w/ easy entry and exit, two cup holders - 2000 Galant only had one (drove girlfriend crazy).

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure I'll come across more as time passes, but here's the short list. Wind noise at 60 is higher than expected - can drown out with awesome stereo, "airbag off" idiot light always on when alone, lacking little compartments near driver, some surfaces scratch easily, needs standard fog lights.

Stealth Cruiser
By X-Honda guy

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

You'll have a grin on your face and people will wonder why... I bought a new 2004 Galant LS (MSRP $21,992) for less than a Corolla or Civic, I recieved Customer/Loyalty rebates of $5,000 plus another $2,200 from the dealer delivered LS for $14,800. ReSale is a non-issue now. It's not a boring ride, it's fast, handles well in corners. It loves snow and mountain roads. It has an attitude lurking under that mild mannered exterior. Gets good mileage (23+) and not a penny from me for maintanence (Free!). Pearl red paint is Candy apple in the sun. For giggles just place your right foot all the way down transforming your Ho Hum commute into an amusement park ride. Wheee!

Favorite Features

V6 Zoom, 0-60 in 6.8 seconds (MotorTrend), you'll have a grin on your face and people will wonder why... also you'll have the only one, 23+ mpg. city.. amazing, European handling, Free maintanence for 45,000 mi., 5 yr. Bumper to bumper warranty, ABS Traction control, Select Shift, Blue dash lights

Suggested Improvements

Manual transmission, regular gas, smooth dash surface, fold down rear seat, alloys, steering wheel radio/cruise controls, projector headlights, luminescent dash, DVD audio, dampen the ride quality, 5 speed auto, get HVAC knobs from Eclipse