Used 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Never Again
By 04MitsuGalant

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Mitsubishi Galant is not as great of a car as I thought. Its brakes have been a constant problem since 12,000 miles. It has 29,000 miles now. The brakes squeak 70% percent of the time. The dealer says there is nothing wrong and that's normal. I had the brakes replaced after 25,000 miles and they still squeak. Also, the interior rattles. My car doesn't even always start the first time. The sunroof scrapes when it's closing. It doesn't have good pick up when trying to go from 60 to 80. It takes a few seconds to actually pick the speed up when doing that. Mitsubishi dealer service is terrible. The hubcaps get dirty quickly

Favorite Features

I like the looks, power above 80 mph, and how my car hasn't broken down yet.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the brakes. build quality. and interior materials. It needs momre horsepower and more accessories. Make another type of spoiler instead of a lip spoiler.

Great Value for the Money
By GE04

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Mitsubishi Galant for about twenty months now. It is a great car, yery fast with excellent handling. However, I am not as happy with the ride at highway speeds. The car tends to jump around with the road surface. It does not feel well planted. Other than that everything else is wonderful. I especially like the 280 watt Infinity sound system. The car is also a head turner with its agressive looks. Other people, especially those driving the Pontiac Grand Prix, always want to race. It's hard to beat 0 to 60 in 6.5 sec.

Favorite Features

The heated seat come in handy in Minnesota. this car is fast with great style and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Better road manners at highway speeds.

Best Car Ever
By sfranklin

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2004 Mitsubishi Galant is wonderful to drive. It drives quietly enough to promote luxury and fast enough to perform as a race car. I love this car.

Favorite Features

The 6 disc CD player and the blue lighting.

Best car for the price
By realtechie

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have never had a car that has gone a whole year without a single problem, like my Mitsubishi Galant. I also have never put 30,000 miles on a car in a single year. This car has taken a beating and not once has it complained. I bought this car used reading 9,000 miles for only $15,000. It now has 40,000 miles on it. I also have one word of advice to all the people that write reviews on here, don't write a negative comment if you are the one who doesn't maintain your car properly!

Favorite Features

The great torque, exterior and interior design, awesome cup holders, and great looking 18" crome rims.

Suggested Improvements

NONE, If I want more I'll make sure to look into a $30,000 - $40,000 luxury vehicle.

Great Family Car
By very nice car

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2004 Mitsubishi Galant has a very roomy back seat area, but the front head room could be a little higher. Also, the steering wheel tilt could have a little more range. Overall, this car's driving comfort is great. The road noise is a little loud, but overall it is a very good driving car.

Favorite Features

The very sporty body style, the color of dash lights is very interesting, power outside mirrows, and steering wheel radio controls are very helpful.

Suggested Improvements

Add flip down back seats, better speaker control, and larger sideview mirrows.