Used 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Sharp looking Reliable car !
By mRmill05

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 04` used with 20,000 miles. Great car. Mitsubishi dealer gave me double its trade in value when it was traded up to an '09.

The red paint for the 04`s that year. Good pickup on highway.

shifter used to pop off a lot .

Should have bought one sooner
By cory izzo

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my '04 Galant a week ago and i have just got to say how amazing it is. The ride is quiet and smooth. the engine is very powerful at 230 horses and makes everyday driving a joy. the exterior is a head turner. i really couldn't ask for more. I just got out of a '97 Cherokee with 203k on it and had nothing but problems. Though the interior could have used a few updates, i really can't complain, the overall ride is great.To anyone in the market for a new car, really consider a look at this car. drives awesome for not a lot of dough.

The ride, the manual mode, the loud stereo, the body design, steering wheel controls, comfortable driving position, 230 horse power, 250 ft lb of torque, good size trunk, big back seat,

The center consul is a little plain, and I personally see no need for those daytime running lights.

Mostly quite pleased.
By Sarah

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have only had the car a few days, but here's my contribution. It's a gorgeous looking car, smooth ride and super quiet, hardly any road noise. Daytime running lights a nice touch. Soft, comfortable seats. I usually prefer leather but the cloth seems updated and luxurious. Very impressive stock stereo, blew my 2001 Mitsu Eclipse's stereo out of the water. Bass you can feel in your chest. Unfortunately, the plastic cover over the mirror on the sun visor snapped off with barely any force, I simply flipped it up and it came off in my hands, rather disappointing. A very mature, classy, and still young looking car for a professional 21 year old woman. Overall, very pleased with the car.

Smooth ride, QUIET, excellent stock stereo system.

Less cheap plastic interior parts, please! That was a bummer. Perhaps a small handle on the fuel door, because I'm sure gas jockeys never know how to push open the door.

Mitzu not so great
By Last time owner

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have been very disappointed. Mileage is poor, 21 mpg city, 26-28 highway, even after K&N filter and Mobil 1 oil, must use 89+ gas. Ride is very choppy, there is no give in rear end. The brakes, I almost forgot, brakes stopped working when temp. dropped below freezing! Had to have master cylinder replaced. On the plus side, there is plenty of room for 4 adults. Thye dash is great at nite.

Interior space and dash lights.

Figure out why the mileage is so low for a 4 cylinder. Fix the choppy ride.

Love My Third Galant!
By Mrs. Robinson

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third Mitsubishi Galant that I have purchased; the first was used, the second I leased and then purchased and the third I purchased. Each vehicle performed beautifully! The first was involved in a serious accident and was demolished but the driver (my mother) survived! The second I sold to a friend w/over $100,000 miles on it ~ she still has it! The third my husband purchased because he wanted me to have a vehicle with a good warranty, etc. The only complaint I have are the brakes. Each car needed new brakes at about 35,000 miles...but that's my ONLY complaint! If you're in the market for a great-looking car that's comfy, fun-to-drive & good on gas, check out the Galant GTS!!

The V-6 has good "get up & go", it's great on gas, the interior is very comfortable, roomy trunk, the driver's side visor has a mirror on it (for us ladies!), lots of fun to drive!

Improve the brakes!! Make satellite radio standard. Offer optional GPS system, power passenger side seat instead of manual.