Used 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

********BAD A/C********
By chris

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for five years and I have had to fix the a/c about 5 to 6 times. The engine is great but there is a big problem with the a/c.

needs a better a/c

Love it <3
By Natalie

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car. I've had my '04 Galant for 5 years now and have had NO problems! I love it and would highly recommend it! PLUS hardly anybody has the Galant so I've had a LOT of people asking me about the car.

Stereo!

Love My Galant!
By Jen

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Galant for 5 years now (bought it new from the dealer) and I am STILL getting compliments on it! I had a co-worker recently remark on the blue lights in the dash and how cool they were, and another one comment on the color and how sporty it looked. I still love the pick up with this car. Very reliable car. They only issue I have had with it so far are the brakes, but I just chalk that up to regular maintenance issues (I had to replace them after 35,000 miles). This car is great in ice, snow and heavy rains along with nice, sunny days!

Pick-up, sporty look, 17" tires, comfortable for 5 adults.

That the back seats could flip down to put bigger items into the trunk.

Love To Hate It
By Luv2hateit

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car, except for a few issues. Had to do the brakes a few times, the tail lights and head lights constantly need to be replaced, car has a horrible blind spot and my sun roof stinks!!!!!! Every single time you open it the headliner pops out of the trim. And when I took it into the dealer I was told that they are aware of the problem but they don't know how to fix it!

Better design on the sunroof.

I must have a lemon
By Simps79

2004 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Galant brand new in 2004. I've had more problems with my car than any other car I've ever had. Within the first 6 months, my horn stopped working which is pretty dangerous if I needed it to prevent an accident. I had squeaky breaks for months and paid over $900 to fix the problem. After replacing them twice and they still squeaked I ended up having to buy ceramic brake pads and that stopped the squeaking but I had to get management involved to even fix the problem. My headlights go out often! I've just been very disappointed with this car. I'm trying to keep it until it falls apart because the value has decreased too much.

I do like the size and space of the car.

• SUV