2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Great Value for the Money
By GE04 on 12/29/05 11:50 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Mitsubishi Galant for about twenty months now. It is a great car, yery fast with excellent handling. However, I am not as happy with the ride at highway speeds. The car tends to jump around with the road surface. It does not feel well planted. Other than that everything else is wonderful. I especially like the 280 watt Infinity sound system. The car is also a head turner with its agressive looks. Other people, especially those driving the Pontiac Grand Prix, always want to race. It's hard to beat 0 to 60 in 6.5 sec.

Best Car Ever
By sfranklin on 12/19/05 14:25 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2004 Mitsubishi Galant is wonderful to drive. It drives quietly enough to promote luxury and fast enough to perform as a race car. I love this car.

Best car for the price
By realtechie on 12/05/05 02:13 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have never had a car that has gone a whole year without a single problem, like my Mitsubishi Galant. I also have never put 30,000 miles on a car in a single year. This car has taken a beating and not once has it complained. I bought this car used reading 9,000 miles for only $15,000. It now has 40,000 miles on it. I also have one word of advice to all the people that write reviews on here, don't write a negative comment if you are the one who doesn't maintain your car properly!

Great Family Car
By very nice car on 10/16/05 18:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2004 Mitsubishi Galant has a very roomy back seat area, but the front head room could be a little higher. Also, the steering wheel tilt could have a little more range. Overall, this car's driving comfort is great. The road noise is a little loud, but overall it is a very good driving car.

Gas Hog
By Andrew on 09/10/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I didn't buy the 2004 Mitsubishi Galant, mine was just a long-term rental while my car was recovering from an accident and waiting for parts, etc. It is a nice car, but the seats don't have much for lumbar support, even the driver's seat. There is plenty of legroom though (I'm 6'2") and the power was nice. I was disappointed that my 1996 Saturn SL2 gets a whopping 10+ more MPG than this newer sedan. I wouldn't buy it for that reason alone. It only churned out 17-20 MPG depending on my ratio of city / highway driving.

great car
By kopykopron on 07/19/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the fact that I owne the only Galant GTS in my town, I have had this car on trips over 600 miles and less and have had the best ride i could get. The GTS turns heads every where I go, I would not trade the GTS for anything else out there at this time. This has to be one of the best decisions I've made when buying a new car. It gives me the power as well as handling I want. Once you drive it you won't want anything else.

Just three letters.........G T S!
By John on 06/06/05 11:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have found the comparison of amenities to car price for the GTS to be the best out of sedans. However, I have been plagued by problems since I purchased it. I only hope Mitsubishi can fix them since the car is great all- around.

Huge Step Up From 2000 to 2004 Galant
By Stuckey on 05/03/05 12:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I always liked my 2000 Galant but after driving the 2004 model I feel like I've moved up from a small economy sedan to a very well appointed and substantial mid-size sedan. I bought my 2000 Galant in part based on its very sharp looking body lines. The 2004 model is not quite as unique as the 2000, but much more exciting than the generic body styles of the Camry, Accord, and 626s. The Altima also seems to be the exception to the body blues. Where the 2004 Galant really seperates itself from the 2000 model and the rest of the pack is in its absolutely gorgeous interior. The car rides, tracks and steers nicely. It has very good visability, comfortable seats and is EXTREMELY FAST!

Stealth Cruiser
By X-Honda guy on 04/01/05 13:16 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

You'll have a grin on your face and people will wonder why... I bought a new 2004 Galant LS (MSRP $21,992) for less than a Corolla or Civic, I recieved Customer/Loyalty rebates of $5,000 plus another $2,200 from the dealer delivered LS for $14,800. ReSale is a non-issue now. It's not a boring ride, it's fast, handles well in corners. It loves snow and mountain roads. It has an attitude lurking under that mild mannered exterior. Gets good mileage (23+) and not a penny from me for maintanence (Free!). Pearl red paint is Candy apple in the sun. For giggles just place your right foot all the way down transforming your Ho Hum commute into an amusement park ride. Wheee!

Best sedan ever manufactured!
By jdm7018 on 02/27/05 11:51 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This being my second Galant in 3 years should be enough to prove their impact on me personally. I'll keep this short and sweet. The new designed body style keeps the same Galant that we have all grown to love! I tried an 04 Accord, and compared to my Galant, it stunk.