Used 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

"LEMON" is an understatement!
By TyKc

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Galant in 2006. The look of it really appealed to us. We loved it at first, but things went downhill. We have had squeaky brakes since we got it, the mechanics on the rear driver side window broke causing the glass to fall into the door, and our air conditioner has broken SIX times! We live in the desert so to go without air is NOT an option. We have put more money into fixing the air than our car is even worth. We paid way too much for it and the value decreased too much too fast. We hate it so much but are stuck with it! We have met 3 people with the same year and all 3 have had the same exact problems. I would never buy one again and I was very disappointed.

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

The seats are too low to the floor of the car, Better air conditioning system, brighter headlights.

Solid Choice
By michelle

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Galant is a fun, competent, reliable ride to the Accord and Camry, plus less expensive. I bought my 2004 Galant in November of 2008 and have not had any issues since, other than regular maintenance (brakes, oil, tires, etc). It has all the bells & whistles u can get on used car for less - sunroof, leather seats, seat warmers, etc. Max Madsen also has great service coupons as well as great service! If you can't have your dream car (Honda, Acura), go with the Galant.

Favorite Features

Interior room, sound system, overall performance.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior materials on console, dash and doors. A bit more overall refinement to rival Accord, Camry.

2004 Galant
By Georgia

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Galant has had issues for the last 2 years. I bought it brand new in 2004, and was pleased until recently. My blower on the air conditioner/heater has stopped working and my engine light has come on because there is a vacuum leak related to the gas line. My husband has a 2004 Endeavor, and its transmission has gone out. We will never buy anything from Mitsubishi again, and we would really like to send them back since we still owe on both of them and they are worth nothing to us. I am now driving a 1980 Oldsmobile that is more reliable than both of our Mitsubishi's!!!!

Favorite Features

exterior

Suggested Improvements

Make better quality with more reliability.

2004 Galant ES Bought at 45k miles
By RK

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES in July 2009 from a Mitsubishi Dealership (Schaumburg, IL). I had a fantastic experience with the dealer by the way. The car was at 45k miles and 1-owner when I purchased. Good used-car bargain. Came with great features including powered sunroof, infinity audio system, 17" alloy wheels and leather strapped steering wheel. Excellent control and driving performance. Low on the mileage (I get around 22 mpg city and highway mix). Haven't used in snow yet... hopefully it will drive well. Love the exterior and the looks.

Favorite Features

Exterior, great trunk space, excellent performance and control

Suggested Improvements

mileage, rear seats don't collapse, storage space inside the car (is somewhat insufficient)

********BAD A/C********
By chris

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for five years and I have had to fix the a/c about 5 to 6 times. The engine is great but there is a big problem with the a/c.

Suggested Improvements

needs a better a/c