2004 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Sharp looking Reliable car !
By mRmill05 on 07/20/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 04` used with 20,000 miles. Great car. Mitsubishi dealer gave me double its trade in value when it was traded up to an '09.

Should have bought one sooner
By cory izzo on 06/03/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my '04 Galant a week ago and i have just got to say how amazing it is. The ride is quiet and smooth. the engine is very powerful at 230 horses and makes everyday driving a joy. the exterior is a head turner. i really couldn't ask for more. I just got out of a '97 Cherokee with 203k on it and had nothing but problems. Though the interior could have used a few updates, i really can't complain, the overall ride is great.To anyone in the market for a new car, really consider a look at this car. drives awesome for not a lot of dough.

Mostly quite pleased.
By Sarah on 04/09/08 07:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have only had the car a few days, but here's my contribution. It's a gorgeous looking car, smooth ride and super quiet, hardly any road noise. Daytime running lights a nice touch. Soft, comfortable seats. I usually prefer leather but the cloth seems updated and luxurious. Very impressive stock stereo, blew my 2001 Mitsu Eclipse's stereo out of the water. Bass you can feel in your chest. Unfortunately, the plastic cover over the mirror on the sun visor snapped off with barely any force, I simply flipped it up and it came off in my hands, rather disappointing. A very mature, classy, and still young looking car for a professional 21 year old woman. Overall, very pleased with the car.

Mitzu not so great
By Last time owner on 01/02/08 12:31 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have been very disappointed. Mileage is poor, 21 mpg city, 26-28 highway, even after K&N filter and Mobil 1 oil, must use 89+ gas. Ride is very choppy, there is no give in rear end. The brakes, I almost forgot, brakes stopped working when temp. dropped below freezing! Had to have master cylinder replaced. On the plus side, there is plenty of room for 4 adults. Thye dash is great at nite.

Love My Third Galant!
By Mrs. Robinson on 10/07/06 07:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third Mitsubishi Galant that I have purchased; the first was used, the second I leased and then purchased and the third I purchased. Each vehicle performed beautifully! The first was involved in a serious accident and was demolished but the driver (my mother) survived! The second I sold to a friend w/over $100,000 miles on it ~ she still has it! The third my husband purchased because he wanted me to have a vehicle with a good warranty, etc. The only complaint I have are the brakes. Each car needed new brakes at about 35,000 miles...but that's my ONLY complaint! If you're in the market for a great-looking car that's comfy, fun-to-drive & good on gas, check out the Galant GTS!!

I Love My car After Two Years
By Jennifer on 10/07/06 04:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Galant for two years and I still love driving it. It has torque and is comfy. I am considering getting another, but the GTS model with a leather interior instead. I recieve top notch service from the dealer as well.

My G
By S L F on 09/23/06 05:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 2 1/2 years and it still handles and rides great, and is as much fun to drive today as the day I got it. Its acceleration is great and it has lots of power. I love to hear the sound of the engine. It has great interior and trunk space. I enjoy the pass through into the trunk which makes it safe to slide my purse and packages into without being seen. An additional safety feature is the illuminated release inside the trunk, which really works. People still stare at it and ask "What kind of car is that?" I smile when I tell them is's a Galant. It's an excellent car! My son enjoys it as much as I do.

Poor Car
By ice1012001 on 08/10/06 16:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Mitsubishi Galant for less than one year and the O2 sensors and the catalytic converter went out.

Impressed
By Craig on 07/31/06 07:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We almost bought an '02 Altima SL before we saw the Galant. I am really glad that we didn't get the Altima. The Galant is so much better in so many ways. That and the dealership was better. I like what it comes with for the money. Although we purchased ours used, we don't get the 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty. Oh well, not really a big deal.

sporty family sedan
By dbl on 06/08/06 07:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a Mitsubishi. It is known widely as one of best if not finest producer of quality cars. I like it because of its sporty design on the inside and the outside even if this car is clasified as a family mid-size sedan. The 2004 model has a spacious backseat. It is fast, one can feel the push back in the seat when you accelerate.