Used 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

My 2nd Galant. Great Car. Would Buy Another
By my2galant

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I started off with a '97 Galant which I drove until 163,000 mi and spent less than $1000 on repairs for the 7 years I drove the car.
I purchased the 2004 Galant as a dealer car.
It had 12,000 miles on it.
This car has had 1 problem w/AC condenser around 80,000 mi and it cost us $800 to repair. I've never waited for parts.
At 130,000 mi we had the timing belt replaced and while engine was apart we had oil pump and seals replaced as preventive main.
It cost us $900.
We have 210,000 on the car now and it's going strong.
We would buy another with no questions.
This is a wonderful car to drive and roomy.
We average 30MPG on trips.
Oil changes are easy DIY.
Buy new/used with confidence.

Handling, Reliability and Great Gas Mileage. This car still turns heads and people still think it's much newer than 2004. We went looking at new cars at a Kia dealership the other day and no joke two different people thought it was a new Kia. We did just have the car detailed and it looked really nice but you can image how the salesman felt that people were interested in a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant instead of their 2012 Optima. I had a great laugh.

Could use more comfortable sets even though it has lumbar and height adjustments. It's almost impossible to get anything that falls between the front seats and console and could use a cargo net in the trunk. We also do not like the bottom two spokes on the steering wheel as there isn't enough room to hold onto the wheel with one hand at bottom. Just my preference of driving.

Blah!
By mikedwood

2004 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way it drives and it's strong as can be for a non-turbo 4 cyl, but pray to God for guidance if you need to do much more than change the oil or air filter. This is my 2nd Mitzu and my last ever.

Parts are hard to come by and expensive! My wife got it in 2009 and in 2011 before 80,000 miles it needed a head gasket, 2 struts and plates, front axle and two 02 sensors. Parts only avalible from Mitsubishi on all but the 02 sensors.

Fortunately my mechanic works at a junk yard by day and stripped the heck out of a wreck and we were able to get about $2,000 in parts for about $500.

It's strong and I like the way the interior is designed. Not so very pretty but it's easy to clean.

Affordable aftermarket parts.

Worst Car Experience in my life!
By mrglenn76

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2004 Galant six years ago and have had nothing but costly issues with this car.
For one, the parts are usually very expensive and most shops will not have them on hand.
For special parts you have to order them from Japan and can only order on Tue and Thursdays and it takes about a week to get them in.
The major issue of all the issues I have had is with the brakes.
Have had 5 brake jobs in the last year and a half.
Have had the belt break, the power steering pump go out, had to get the alignment done several times and now I am having an issue either shocks are blown or sway bar link needs replacement.
The car looks nice, but it has been a NIGHTMARE!!

Wish I'd chosen another car
By lindag3

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just got my Mitsubishi Galant 2 months ago (used) and thank God I got the extended warranty with it!
I just took it in to dealership last Tuesday and the ABS sensors weren't showing on the dash.
They ran into needing more parts and I don't expect it back until end of this week (almost a two week repair!).
Thank God for the courtesy car I am able to use.
I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come with this car.
I loved it at first but this isn't good two months into a loan!
I hope to trade it in as soon as that opportunity comes up.
It wasn't great in the snow so I bought two snow tires for the front which did make a difference.
The dealership has been helpful I must say.

The six cd changer, heated leather seats and sunroof.

Decent Nice Car
By CJ4482

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 1st Mitsubishi. It's a nice car, decent and I enjoy driving it. I've had A/C problems way too much and the back seating is kind of tight. I would recommend this car for a 1st timer, or a commuter car, poor gas mileage, although I do like this car, I will not be buying another one nor will I be buying any other Mitsubishi.

Sunroof, 6-CD Changer, Body Design.

Make more room in the back seat, upgrade the plastic materials used for the interior, fix the A/C issues that it has, more truck space would be nice.