2004 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Solid Choice
By michelle on 06/29/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Galant is a fun, competent, reliable ride to the Accord and Camry, plus less expensive. I bought my 2004 Galant in November of 2008 and have not had any issues since, other than regular maintenance (brakes, oil, tires, etc). It has all the bells & whistles u can get on used car for less - sunroof, leather seats, seat warmers, etc. Max Madsen also has great service coupons as well as great service! If you can't have your dream car (Honda, Acura), go with the Galant.

2004 Galant
By Georgia on 12/03/09 07:33 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Galant has had issues for the last 2 years. I bought it brand new in 2004, and was pleased until recently. My blower on the air conditioner/heater has stopped working and my engine light has come on because there is a vacuum leak related to the gas line. My husband has a 2004 Endeavor, and its transmission has gone out. We will never buy anything from Mitsubishi again, and we would really like to send them back since we still owe on both of them and they are worth nothing to us. I am now driving a 1980 Oldsmobile that is more reliable than both of our Mitsubishi's!!!!

2004 Galant ES Bought at 45k miles
By RK on 09/04/09 08:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES in July 2009 from a Mitsubishi Dealership (Schaumburg, IL). I had a fantastic experience with the dealer by the way. The car was at 45k miles and 1-owner when I purchased. Good used-car bargain. Came with great features including powered sunroof, infinity audio system, 17" alloy wheels and leather strapped steering wheel. Excellent control and driving performance. Low on the mileage (I get around 22 mpg city and highway mix). Haven't used in snow yet... hopefully it will drive well. Love the exterior and the looks.

********BAD A/C********
By chris on 08/08/09 18:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for five years and I have had to fix the a/c about 5 to 6 times. The engine is great but there is a big problem with the a/c.

Love it <3
By Natalie on 07/02/09 07:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car. I've had my '04 Galant for 5 years now and have had NO problems! I love it and would highly recommend it! PLUS hardly anybody has the Galant so I've had a LOT of people asking me about the car.

Love My Galant!
By Jen on 06/08/09 09:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Galant for 5 years now (bought it new from the dealer) and I am STILL getting compliments on it! I had a co-worker recently remark on the blue lights in the dash and how cool they were, and another one comment on the color and how sporty it looked. I still love the pick up with this car. Very reliable car. They only issue I have had with it so far are the brakes, but I just chalk that up to regular maintenance issues (I had to replace them after 35,000 miles). This car is great in ice, snow and heavy rains along with nice, sunny days!

Love To Hate It
By Luv2hateit on 05/13/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car, except for a few issues. Had to do the brakes a few times, the tail lights and head lights constantly need to be replaced, car has a horrible blind spot and my sun roof stinks!!!!!! Every single time you open it the headliner pops out of the trim. And when I took it into the dealer I was told that they are aware of the problem but they don't know how to fix it!

I must have a lemon
By Simps79 on 03/27/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Galant brand new in 2004. I've had more problems with my car than any other car I've ever had. Within the first 6 months, my horn stopped working which is pretty dangerous if I needed it to prevent an accident. I had squeaky breaks for months and paid over $900 to fix the problem. After replacing them twice and they still squeaked I ended up having to buy ceramic brake pads and that stopped the squeaking but I had to get management involved to even fix the problem. My headlights go out often! I've just been very disappointed with this car. I'm trying to keep it until it falls apart because the value has decreased too much.

Reliable cheap
By reliable cheap on 12/04/08 13:06 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car hit (salvage) fixed up put 34k miles, since I have it didn't have any problems yet! Nothing special in the car but it's really reliable!

Sharp looking Reliable car !
By mRmill05 on 07/20/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 04` used with 20,000 miles. Great car. Mitsubishi dealer gave me double its trade in value when it was traded up to an '09.