Used 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

NEVER AGain
By cydneyc

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because it looked amazing on the outside & test drove it once & fell in love. two weeks into my loan my car was going down hill from there. tune ups, alignments, Y Pipe had a hole in it. car was shaking really bad when the AC is on, shakes while stepping on the brake, the only time it did not shake was when it was in park. the worst car ever its a true RIP OFF. My door got stuck & I couldn't get out. I had to kick it out, and the whole panel came off. The dealer said its unfixable I have to get a whole new door. I hate this car

I love my leather seats, my heated seats & the radio system is great.

Everything

Piece of junk!!!
By honeybee27332

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 galant used in 2007. It was a fantastic car until 2010. We have changed both converters 3 times & o2 sensors once. Also hsve had to have a new starter & a new altenater put on. Not to mention the AC doesn't work anymore either. Going to fix it & get rid of it. Will NEVER own a Mitsubishi again!!!!

It looks & rides great when it runs. Roomy, great safety ratings & easy to keep clean.

Expensive to maintain
By bakerhemlock

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Worst car I have owned. Lets see: - A/c condenser went out - 2 window motor/regulators replaced. - Check engine light multiple times. for one, needed spark plugs, tuning etc - check engine P0401 gas cap, valve replaced - timing belts recommended change at 60k. way too early it seems imho - need new struts - power steering acts funny in rainy weather

Great Car!
By gloria62

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Galant brand new in 2004. It's one of the very best cars I have ever owned! After 8 yrs and over 100K miles, she still runs great! The only repairs done have been one window motor, a leak in the floorboard and regular maintenance. I love this car!

The way it handles the road and the stereo. The A/C is icy cold.

none!

My 2nd Galant. Great Car. Would Buy Another
By my2galant

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I started off with a '97 Galant which I drove until 163,000 mi and spent less than $1000 on repairs for the 7 years I drove the car. I purchased the 2004 Galant as a dealer car. It had 12,000 miles on it. This car has had 1 problem w/AC condenser around 80,000 mi and it cost us $800 to repair. I've never waited for parts. At 130,000 mi we had the timing belt replaced and while engine was apart we had oil pump and seals replaced as preventive main. It cost us $900. We have 210,000 on the car now and it's going strong. We would buy another with no questions. This is a wonderful car to drive and roomy. We average 30MPG on trips. Oil changes are easy DIY. Buy new/used with confidence.

Handling, Reliability and Great Gas Mileage. This car still turns heads and people still think it's much newer than 2004. We went looking at new cars at a Kia dealership the other day and no joke two different people thought it was a new Kia. We did just have the car detailed and it looked really nice but you can image how the salesman felt that people were interested in a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant instead of their 2012 Optima. I had a great laugh.

Could use more comfortable sets even though it has lumbar and height adjustments. It's almost impossible to get anything that falls between the front seats and console and could use a cargo net in the trunk. We also do not like the bottom two spokes on the steering wheel as there isn't enough room to hold onto the wheel with one hand at bottom. Just my preference of driving.