2002 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Late Purchase
By dennysmitzi on 09/02/14 22:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2002 Galant in 2009, with only 31K miles on the ticker. Currently, it has 80,500 and still running quite strong. My biggest complaint is the oil leaks from the valve cover gaskets that have been replaced 3 times, and the wheel alignment issues that cause vibrations in the front end at times. Otherwise, it has been a good performer, and has never left me stranded. I would definitely consider another one, should the powers that be at Mitsubish Motors consider bringing the Galant back to the market. Overall, I am a satisfied customer.

I love /miss my galant
By cedest on 08/30/14 09:49 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 02 mitsubishi galant back in 2011 and it was by far the best car i've ever owned. We got ours from Vern Eide in Sioux Falls, SD and it had about 130,000 miles on it. The only we've had to replace in the last 3 years was a radiator hose about 6 months after buying and then just in the last 2 months had to replace the cv axle on the passenger side but that may had something to do with the way my husband drove it. Up until the accident i just had in the last week in which there wasn't nearly as much damage as there should've been, the car ran perfectly even during the -50 degree weather we had this last winter. It only didn't start once! I will miss my car i certainly recommend it

Solid Car
By RodD on 11/25/08 10:14 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and now have 127K miles on it. I commute 60 miles a day to work and back. The only engine problem was a sensor going out recently. The transmission hiccups once in a while but overall the car has been very reliable. On a long trip when it was newer I got 31 mpg going 75 with the air on, not bad for a V6. Feels more powerful than 195 HP.

Best Car Yet
By soclwrker on 08/05/07 21:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Galant is the best car I've ever owned. I get great mileage on the highway (30 mpg on 360 mile round trip), and between 17 and 20 in the city. Other than brake pads, once, and oil changes, this wonderful car has required nothing. I drive a lot of miles, and this car has been perfect. It is a great car and I highly recommend it.

Good, but not great
By Galant owner on 07/08/07 19:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand-new. I've never had accidents with it except one fender-bender where the side panel got bent (cosmetic damage only). Though I got a V6 for more power (gas wasn't as expensive back then), the car is very weak at low gears with SUV like fuel efficiency. But on the highways, the car is fun to drive and gets respectable efficiency (about 27-30 mpg). Hasn't given me any major problems yet, maybe due to the low mileage. Overall, this car is very solid, but is not very appealing. I bought it because of great financing options at the time. Probably wouldn't buy it if I had to do it all over again.

I will definitely buy another Galant
By recruitclaudia on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been very dependable and has seasoned nicely; I now get better highway gas mileage than when it was new. I have nothing but good things to say about this car but will caution that the back seat is very uncomfortable for long distance driving.

Loved the '99, Love the '02
By Crockett Actuary on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent performance, especially acceleration from a stop and for passing. Very quiet for a car this size. Only drawback is interior room. Headroom is acceptable but could be better (I'm 6'4"), and backseat room is fine for kids only

One life saver....
By Rich on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my Galant...I could not get over the acceleration and style this car had to offer....Another thing that I was impressed with is that my wife had a head-on collision at 60mph, of the three ocupants in the vehicle, no one was seriously injured....That speaks for itself..yeah, my car was totaled, BUT MY FAMILY IS STILL ALIVE AND HERE WITH ME...Thanks Mitsubishi....

Ride with me
By thomas furry on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Its very good on the road , speed and braking.

great ride for the price
By bbf65 on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

v6 engine is really smooth, powerful and quiet. sound isolation is at par with class leading camry. ride is a bit stiff but with moderate body roll during spirited cornering. brakes are strong and non dramatic. front seats have adequate breathing room but rear seat is cramped. interior could use a little adrenaline. exterior styling is really nicely executed.