2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Very reliable
By j10jordan on 03/25/12 17:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased at 37,000 and still running at 114,000 with no signs of slowing down. Not a very FUN car to drive with the 4 cyl. but its been very reliable and smooth on the highway. Gas mileage has been good too. Will be sad to see her go

Great car
By brianhinzy89 on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i bought the car about a year and a half ago and it was in great running condition and since then i have been driving it like a bat out of hell and it has held up very nicely i have only had to do routine maintenance and a few cosmetic repairs and the 3.0 V-6 has plenty of power during races and not to mention its easy to work on

Not too bad, but wouldn't recommend
By maddee2030 on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new off the lot. I didn't have any problems for a very long time; just normal maint. ~110K my transmission died w/ no previous indications there was a problem. Replaced a cracked radiator @ ~90K. Never replaced windshield or headlights. 4 things I've always complained about. 1.The LCD display on the CD player is nearly impossible to read. 2.The fact that the CD player tells you when it's too hot is an extremely bad design flaw. 3. The top coat on door handles & side mirrors is gone. 4. Upholstery all the way up to the window? Terrible place to have fabric after 9 years of resting your arm there. Vinyl on my next car, please...

Junk
By Beth on 07/22/10 17:29 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Galant after receiving a settlement from a bad car accident. Figuring it was a good deal (89k for 3,900), seemed fantastic. It drove fine for a while. Then I realized, it gets 21 MPG on average. Really? For a 4 cylinder motor I expected much more. As for handling, it's alright. I've driven better and I've driven worse. I would never ever endorse this car. My mistake. Hopefully no one else does the same thing.

So so
By varand on 07/16/10 23:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had that car for 21 month. When I bought it it got 176,000 miles and it was ok. It was good car at first year and I didn't spend that much as maintenance. But at second year it broke me down every thing was going wrong and I wasted too much money on it and finally i gave it to carmax . (don't buy any gallant with high mileage).

Excellent Sedan
By willycasanova007 on 06/22/10 14:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car a week ago with less than 82,000 mileage on it for just $3600! Has been a pretty good deal so far, did all the inspections, no major flaw. The car drives great, the exterior design is superior to most Japanese cars that it is almost German like- similar to BMW, Benz. The interior is super comfortable and is equally great!

Fabulous car
By julie on 11/27/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Galant is a great car, reliable, fun to drive, good on snow on ice, great sporty look; even 8 years later I get compliments. I have the V6 and the 3.0L engine and get at least 25 mpg commuting to work in the country. I will hate to see it go when the time comes. Then V6 transitions smoothly and functions well on the highway when passing,even with the AC on. It has a great dashboard, easy to read; has room for adults to sit comfortably in the back seat. Great visibility to the right in front windshield, unlike other similar cars.

Favorite Car Yet
By jaschaeferiii on 07/25/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GTZ 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new, .3 miles on it. It's been a great car to drive. It handles very well (GTZ has sport suspension), and has a good amount of go when I want it. I have driven this car like I stole it from day one and it has taken most of the abuse. I have replaced the rear bearings once at about 90k, caused by cheesy caps on the inside of the rear hub rusting out. Blew up torque converter around 120k resulting in replacement boneyard trans (very, very rare issue, probably my fault). I have almost 180k on it now, getting some rust, need some bushings, O2 sensor, haven't replaced timing belt ever. Still starts and accelerates like the day I bought it every time.

Reliable Vehicle
By Ole Reliable on 07/14/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car with 50k miles on it. It now has 191,000 and still runs the same. I have replaced 02 sensors, radiator, starter, catalytic converter and shocks. Car runs as smooth as the day I got it.

The Car Lasts
By kevint on 06/18/09 15:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this 2001 Galant since November of 2000. For just routine maintenance over the last 142,000 it has been pretty good. It will be needing a new AC compressor. The car has a sporty look to it but it is not a SPORTS car.