2001 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2001 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

DE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Not Bad, But Not Great Either
By shoeie on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for about 4 years now and have 51K on it. It is just mediocre. Fuel efficiency is poor, I have never gotten better than 28mpg, even with conservative driving. The lower price is attractive (as compared to a Honda or Toyota), but once you have owned it for a while you start noticing all the little corners that were cut to bring that price down. Not a bad car, but for $2K more you could get a Honda or Toyota and have a great car.

Good value for l;ong term ownership
By Larry72 on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have driven this car about 28,000 miles from new. For a 4 Cylinder car it has very good pick-up and ability to maintain highway speeds. The car's appearance in my opinion is better than the Camry or Accord but public perception (for trade-ins or private party seller) does not value a Mitusbishi as much as the others. If you are buying the car for the long term, then by all means get one. If you trade in every 2-3 years then you will not notice any trade-in value except for another Mitsubishi.

Interior Quality
By Shannon Stone on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a new 2001 Galant in 2000. The vehicle runs great, but it is cheaply put together. My map light falls from the roof, the side mirror adjusters fall off, the entire glove box lock fell out when I tried to lock it, and the vent on the passenger side fell into my dash. It is not fun to pay for a car that you hate. Also the side doors ding VERY easily if someone next to you kits your door in a parking lot.