2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
2000 Mitsubishi Galant
By Rhonda Hodge on 07/30/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I have only had my Galant for almost a year. The reliability is awesome I moved from Oklahoma to Florida recently and I drove my car down here it was a very comfortable trip.

Trouble free car
By Smith on 06/24/05 16:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I' ve never felt safer in a car. My Galant is easy to drive, reliable, and trouble free. With regular maintenance, you'll keep driving it forever. It has 105,000 miles on it now and it still drives like new. The only major "investment" was a timing belt changed at 85k (typical I was told). Besides the ususal: brake pads, tires and that' s about it. The day I sell it I will buy a new one.

So far so good at 50K
By tjk in MN on 05/16/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

It's been good to me for a very reasonable price when bought new. Praises from me include, decent engine power, good gas mileage, great looks, and fun to drive. Small complaints would include the limited-small trunk pass-through, the back seat only fits two (2) kids car seats, and it's hard to see the air conditioning light during the daytime. Ours also seems to have an affinity for attracting summertime hail storms (two so far). Overall, great vehicle with no maintenance problems...

Excellent auto
By Debster on 02/07/05 18:37 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

My Galant has 72K on it, and it has been an awesome car with no major issues except a glitch with the radio that I fixed myself. Still handles well and looks great. Would highly recommend. I especially love the way it handles, and the engine is peppy enough to be a V6 even though it is only a 4-cyl. In fact, I bought this from a dealer and the sales guy was bummed because it was the car he was driving around... keep up the great cars! Looking to possibly upgrade to SUV but will certainly look at Mitsubishi - if it drives as great as this car, I will be happy!

GTZ, a great car, but lacks the push
By Walrus2004 on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

The GTZ is my third car, I am only 18 years old. It is next to an BMW on looks and interior, but lacks the kick and power of a BMW. I have a GTZ, which has no different engine than the V6 ES, just a sport suspension and other options included. I love the car, but if you are looking for something fast, you're looking in the wrong place. Awesome sound system and great for picking up a date!

handles well
By mighty mouse on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

This vehicle handles nicely and controls uneven roads very well. People have been surpised by its comfort and roomy feeling for a car this size.

Nice
By toy4red on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I just bought my car and have only had it for a week, but am very impressed. This is my first new car and am very excited.

GREAT CAR!
By Jason in Laurel on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I bought the ES 4 cyl model with the leather, moonroof, and spoiler. Not only does it look great, but it is a great car! The only problem I've had is the timing belt. That was my fault. It's not a cheap fix, but it's the only problem on the car with 151,000 miles!

The best car i have had in years
By mschriscub on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I love my mitsi.It is the first great car I have had since I purchased my first new car in 1974. I had always bought GM vehicles but after my last experience with my Buick that was in the shop 15 times the first year, engine and trans rebuilt at 44,000 miles, seatbelt that did not work and they told me to drive carefully in case it did not operate properly in an auto accident,etc.etc My mitsi has only had 2 minor problems and the dealership rectified them immediately.LOVE MY MITSI!!!!!!!!

PERFER CAMRY!!!!!
By KDUB on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

HAD '97 CAMRY AND LOVED IT, GOT TOTALED IN ACCIDENT. IN IT'S PLACE GOT '00 GALANT ES. INTERIOR NOT COFORTABLE FOR 6 FOOT PLUS INDIVIDUAL. KIDS NOTICED DIFFERENCE IN BACK SEAT, NO ROOM. HAVING PROBLEM WITH DOME LIGHT, WON'T SHUT OFF AFTER CLOSING DOOR. THAT'S ENOUGH DON'T GET ME STARTED.