2000 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews 3

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Fun car
By Britt on 07/18/07 00:25 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I have loved this car!! I bought it a few years ago, and I have had minor problems. The biggest one was probably that the coil went bad, but ever since then it has just been tightening of belts and routine maintance. It takes a lot of abuse from me. I have to admit I'm one of those aggressive drivers. So I'm not the easiest on the car and it still does great. It has a lot of get up and go when you need it. I have put about 40,000 miles on it since I've had it and it runs great. The A/C could be a little colder.

Runs Like A Top
By summer on 07/12/07 21:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

109,000 miles and this car runs like a top. Other than oil changes and new tires (once), I've never had to do a thing to it, and I am not good about regular maintenance. The exterior is showing some wear - passenger side door handles are loose, body side trim came off in the car wash. If you are looking for a car that will start every single day and get you where you need to be all the time, this is the car. The resale value is bad but works to your advantage as the buyer. I'm looking for a newer one now. I've never owned anything as reliable as this car. Gas mileage is OK, accelerates quickly, ride is good.

A lemon turned to lemonade
By EFL on 12/03/06 14:50 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I bought it new and had minor problems to start (the liner around the sunroof kept popping out). It is still not right to this day BUT, what a great car it turned out to be. I put over 207,000 miles on it with just regular maintenance and upkeep. But the one time I didn't do what I should have (change timing belt), wouldn't you know it, thats what blew. So now it's in the shop and I'm not expecting good news. The engine is probably shot. But up to its last day it was driving great, getting 28-29 mpg and no issues. I got more than a few tire changes, brakes, normal wear and tear but overall I was very happy with it.

Very Poor Quality Car
By BHL311 on 08/28/06 13:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

I feel sorry for all Gallant owners! You think you have such a great car now, wait until four or five years from now when your clear coat breaks down and Mitsubishi won't do a thing about it because it is out of warranty! Be aware and stay away from Mitsubishi if you have not purchased one yet! It is a joke! Not only did it happen to me it happened to another person in the same apartment building! Stay away from Mitsubishi! They don't believe in QUALITY!

It was My First
By FSUGrad on 08/15/06 07:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

This was my first car. And for a first car it was a great experience. Despite its probelms, I had to change the radiator at 86,000 miles and had a minor leak, I have no complains. I have made several trips to my home (Miami, FL, a 500 mile trip) with no major issues. I had a little smoke once because of the oil leak. It has good pick-up after all these years. Plus it gets great fuel economy and is a good college student car to have. With regular maintenance, it drives just as well as the new Altimas, '06 Galants, and the Camry, all of which I have driven.

Galant ES
By ES Galant on 05/18/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I had my car for 134,000 miles when I sold it. It had no major problems except for the radiator thermostat that was replaced and other regular maintenance. I could have bought another new Galant but they lack the safety features that are available as standard equipment on other vehicles, like the side curtain airbags.

Hell On Wheels
By Joy on 05/15/06 14:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 3 1/2 years now. At first the car was great. I took good care of it. Then the trouble begin. I had a major oil leak, had to replace the transmission, had to replace the timing belt, and the regulator on the driver door went out. This car is never ending trouble. Never buy a Galant. The back seat is very cramped. The repairs are very expensive.

Excellent Car
By rakesh on 04/29/06 20:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd 2000 Galant. I bought the first one in 2000 with 27,000 miles on it and drove it until had 108,000. Besides brake jobs, a new alternator, and tires, it was a great car. I bought my second one last years, with 93,000 miles on it. It now has about 115,000 miles. I just replaced the brakes. I would definitely consider buying one again. You could pick up a nice Galant for cheap and really rack some miles with no heavy maintence.

Great Car
By golden on 02/03/06 20:12 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Mitsubishi Galant is a great car. I bought it after three years of going through different drivers and it was still an awesome car. The only things I have replaced since on it are the brakes once, the battery once, and the tires. The only problems that I have had are that it squeaks a little (which is probably just the belts getting old) and it needs a new alignment and this is a 6 year old car with almost 90,000 miles on it. The exterior design is beautiful and very aerodynamic. The interior is very comfortable.

It's a Fair Car.
By cori on 12/18/05 18:47 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant when it was one year old with 17,000 miles and kept this for four years. It's been very good to me. I have had no repair problems. It was my first car, so I can't really compare, but I gotta agree it's fun to drive compared to some other cars I've driven like Subaru AWD and Dodge Sedans. The Eclipse was as much fun to drive, though. I agree it's a good car for females. I'm 5'4 1/2'' and this car is a perfect size for me. I understand my 6'2'' husband has very little leg room, at least it has more than his Mirage. And It must be not enough space for children in the back.