Used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Great Car
By chrislex

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I got this car from a person online so at first i really didnt know what to think. After driving it for a week or so i knew that this was the car for me. It has a good amount of power for a V4 and all the little things it does is great. It has 187,000 miles on it and i always know its going to start and get me to where im going. I will say that i have put a lot of money in to this car. I put a new timing belt, tirod, and sway bar links in it. There is also a lot more to be done to it. The flex pipe has a hole in it witch dropped my gas mileage and it is very common that this happens in this car. Take care of it and this car will run for ever.

Excellent Car, wish Mitsubishi hadn't cheapened the look
By joesee

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I still have my 2000 Galant with close to 200,000 miles, always trouble free. The acceleration and ride for a 4 cylinder are great. The look still holds up, and is much better than later galant models. Unfortunately although the car is still awesome, the paint has lost it's luster and repainting doesn't make financial sense, otherwise I would keep on driving it. If Mitsubishi had maintained or upped their game on the details for later models, I would have considered getting another for my next car this year.

Really responsive engine, smooth ride/suspension, and quiet ride.

Not any on the 2000/01 model. Later models look cheap compared to the competition, and even to the 2000 models.

Wasn't the best for me...
By skally

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GTZ 4dr Sedan

After buying this car I realized it was one of those cars the dealer patches up just to get off the lot. The instrument cluster had been swapped out which means the car likely had higher miles than stated. The transmission didn't shift into overdrive which I never did resolve. After a few weeks of driving it the upper rear shock mount broke. So I fixed those things and traded it in on something else.

Stylish exterior, powerful motor.

Just find a better one than I did. It may have only had one owner but I think they beat the poor thing up mechanically.

So You Want To Know What a 2000 Galant Can Do
By joed99

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought my Mitz Galant in late 2000. Retiring my Galant in late 2012. Mileage.... 273,000 (YEP 273K). THIS CAR WAS A BUY ! !! After driving so many miles, in so many different weather conditions, with so many cargo runs (Kayaks, Bikes, Skies, ) this car has NEVER let me down. How? Great mechanic, keeping with the timing belt maintenance schedule, changing the oil. So since she has been such a great car, I would say it is time to retire her even though she still starts EVERY time, no hesitation, no stalling. If only we could all have someone or something so reliable. Only one problem that ALL you Old Timer Galant owners know... WHERE'S MY HUB CAP ? ? ?

Rated a Consumer Reports best buy.
By GBC

2000 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant in 2004 for $2400 (repossession). At the time it had 100,000 miles exact. Six years later I still have the car and the mileage is just over 243,000. The 2.4 Liter motor is bulletproof in my opinion and the transmission follows close suit. Aside from the necessary preventive maintenance I have had no major mechanical issues with the car. I call this one a good investment.

Responsive engine, smooth shifting transmission and the car handles tight curves with ease. It's also easy in and out for my children along with a roomy trunk.

Interior build quality and bolt on wheel covers.