2000 Mitsubishi Galant 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

GTZ Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Wasn't the best for me...
By skally on 07/26/13 07:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

After buying this car I realized it was one of those cars the dealer patches up just to get off the lot. The instrument cluster had been swapped out which means the car likely had higher miles than stated. The transmission didn't shift into overdrive which I never did resolve. After a few weeks of driving it the upper rear shock mount broke. So I fixed those things and traded it in on something else.

Been a great car
By jb on 01/13/10 10:40 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

Bought it new, now has 140k miles. Live in the DC area, so I needed a car with a little "zing" to get off and on the beltway. Have only replaced the O2 sensor. Reliable, responsive, good stereo. Everything still works (amazing with 3 teens sharing. Nothing has broken, though showing wear on the outside edge of drivers seat.

10 years and counting
By Irie on 06/10/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 1999. Fun, comfortable car to drive. I needed quick acceleration because of commuting on the beltway. Am not giving this car up, will be passing this car down to my children.

GTZ, a great car, but lacks the push
By Walrus2004 on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

The GTZ is my third car, I am only 18 years old. It is next to an BMW on looks and interior, but lacks the kick and power of a BMW. I have a GTZ, which has no different engine than the V6 ES, just a sport suspension and other options included. I love the car, but if you are looking for something fast, you're looking in the wrong place. Awesome sound system and great for picking up a date!

Mits GTZ
By sprcoop on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

fun to drive with gas mileage that improved with age

My first new car
By Deborahp on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

I love my mitsu. Dont see a lot of GTZ's, in fact I had to purchase mine in a different state. This was the most car for the money and of course the special financing of 0.9. I have to buy a new one now as I need to give this one to my daughter, but I can't find anything to compare with all this had to offer, except another mitsu.

Wonderfull car, especially for the price
By tjlarso3 on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

I bought my Galant GTZ based on a review that Car and Driver had that year. I started looking at the base class and quickly moved up to the GTZ. It was a great value for what you get, leather, premium sound, back lit panel, etc. Since I've bought the car, it's been terrific. I have close to 53,000 miles on it and have not had a major issue. It's been very reliable, a blast to drive, and it just plain looks great. In fact, I was so impressed, when I needed an SUV two years later, I bought a Mitsubishi Montero. Great car, I would highly recommend it to anyone.

GeeTZ
By catseyeweb on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

I own cars...LOTS of cars. My wife picked this one on an impulse because of the styling and the gorgeous interior, and she IS NOT an impulse buyer!! I currently drive a BMW and have a bias toward them, but this car is exceptional in most every category - smooth, quiet, responsive and very sexy.