Used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Excellent Car, wish Mitsubishi hadn't cheapened the look
By joesee

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I still have my 2000 Galant with close to 200,000 miles, always trouble free. The acceleration and ride for a 4 cylinder are great. The look still holds up, and is much better than later galant models. Unfortunately although the car is still awesome, the paint has lost it's luster and repainting doesn't make financial sense, otherwise I would keep on driving it. If Mitsubishi had maintained or upped their game on the details for later models, I would have considered getting another for my next car this year.

Favorite Features

Really responsive engine, smooth ride/suspension, and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Not any on the 2000/01 model. Later models look cheap compared to the competition, and even to the 2000 models.

Wasn't the best for me...
By skally

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

After buying this car I realized it was one of those cars the dealer patches up just to get off the lot. The instrument cluster had been swapped out which means the car likely had higher miles than stated. The transmission didn't shift into overdrive which I never did resolve. After a few weeks of driving it the upper rear shock mount broke. So I fixed those things and traded it in on something else.

Favorite Features

Stylish exterior, powerful motor.

Suggested Improvements

Just find a better one than I did. It may have only had one owner but I think they beat the poor thing up mechanically.

So You Want To Know What a 2000 Galant Can Do
By joed99

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Bought my Mitz Galant in late 2000. Retiring my Galant in late 2012. Mileage.... 273,000 (YEP 273K). THIS CAR WAS A BUY ! !! After driving so many miles, in so many different weather conditions, with so many cargo runs (Kayaks, Bikes, Skies, ) this car has NEVER let me down. How? Great mechanic, keeping with the timing belt maintenance schedule, changing the oil. So since she has been such a great car, I would say it is time to retire her even though she still starts EVERY time, no hesitation, no stalling. If only we could all have someone or something so reliable. Only one problem that ALL you Old Timer Galant owners know... WHERE'S MY HUB CAP ? ? ?

Rated a Consumer Reports best buy.
By GBC

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant in 2004 for $2400 (repossession). At the time it had 100,000 miles exact. Six years later I still have the car and the mileage is just over 243,000. The 2.4 Liter motor is bulletproof in my opinion and the transmission follows close suit. Aside from the necessary preventive maintenance I have had no major mechanical issues with the car. I call this one a good investment.

Favorite Features

Responsive engine, smooth shifting transmission and the car handles tight curves with ease. It's also easy in and out for my children along with a roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Interior build quality and bolt on wheel covers.

150,000 miles and still going strong
By Motschrocker

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after graduating high school I put a good 80,000 miles on it in four years time. No major mechanical problems. Replaced brakes, tire, sway bar links at about 120,000 and then the radiator at 145,000. Great in Iowa snow storms. Unfortunately my model is black and the clear coat faded at about 100,000. This is a common problem with black Mitsubishi's. Other than that great car! Would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Paint defects are an eye soar.