2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Excellent Car, wish Mitsubishi hadn't cheapened the look
By joesee on 02/13/14 18:19 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I still have my 2000 Galant with close to 200,000 miles, always trouble free. The acceleration and ride for a 4 cylinder are great. The look still holds up, and is much better than later galant models. Unfortunately although the car is still awesome, the paint has lost it's luster and repainting doesn't make financial sense, otherwise I would keep on driving it. If Mitsubishi had maintained or upped their game on the details for later models, I would have considered getting another for my next car this year.

Wasn't the best for me...
By skally on 07/26/13 07:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

After buying this car I realized it was one of those cars the dealer patches up just to get off the lot. The instrument cluster had been swapped out which means the car likely had higher miles than stated. The transmission didn't shift into overdrive which I never did resolve. After a few weeks of driving it the upper rear shock mount broke. So I fixed those things and traded it in on something else.

So You Want To Know What a 2000 Galant Can Do
By joed99 on 09/17/12 14:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Bought my Mitz Galant in late 2000. Retiring my Galant in late 2012. Mileage.... 273,000 (YEP 273K). THIS CAR WAS A BUY ! !! After driving so many miles, in so many different weather conditions, with so many cargo runs (Kayaks, Bikes, Skies, ) this car has NEVER let me down. How? Great mechanic, keeping with the timing belt maintenance schedule, changing the oil. So since she has been such a great car, I would say it is time to retire her even though she still starts EVERY time, no hesitation, no stalling. If only we could all have someone or something so reliable. Only one problem that ALL you Old Timer Galant owners know... WHERE'S MY HUB CAP ? ? ?

Rated a Consumer Reports best buy.
By GBC on 04/10/10 15:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant in 2004 for $2400 (repossession). At the time it had 100,000 miles exact. Six years later I still have the car and the mileage is just over 243,000. The 2.4 Liter motor is bulletproof in my opinion and the transmission follows close suit. Aside from the necessary preventive maintenance I have had no major mechanical issues with the car. I call this one a good investment.

150,000 miles and still going strong
By Motschrocker on 03/18/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after graduating high school I put a good 80,000 miles on it in four years time. No major mechanical problems. Replaced brakes, tire, sway bar links at about 120,000 and then the radiator at 145,000. Great in Iowa snow storms. Unfortunately my model is black and the clear coat faded at about 100,000. This is a common problem with black Mitsubishi's. Other than that great car! Would recommend to anyone.

Still going strong!
By davo225 on 03/07/10 13:03 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 16K miles, now at 135K and still going strong. Mostly routine maintenance. The radiator developed a small crack at 125K and was replaced and I had to have new rear struts a couple of years ago, but that's about it. Fun to drive, very smooth transmission, quite peppy - even with the 4 cylinder transmission. Still looks great. Cons are minor: I have occasionally rode in the back seat on trips, and the back is not that comfortable for an adult. The cup holders are awkwardly located. This is on the small end of midsized cars (new Galants larger). Gas mileage 22-28 - OK but not fantastic. Overall, this has been a great vehicle.

Been a great car
By jb on 01/13/10 10:40 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

Bought it new, now has 140k miles. Live in the DC area, so I needed a car with a little "zing" to get off and on the beltway. Have only replaced the O2 sensor. Reliable, responsive, good stereo. Everything still works (amazing with 3 teens sharing. Nothing has broken, though showing wear on the outside edge of drivers seat.

Warrior Galant
By MiamiGalant on 10/06/09 19:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2007 at an auto auction as a previous rental car with a whopping 185,000! I couldn't believe this car was still running so good. I kept the car for my father and today this car has 231,756. My father probably changed the oil 2-3 during his ownership and this car still runs great, no problems whatsoever. Mitsubishi did great with these, I really underestimated them.

EXCELLENT Vehicle
By Mary on 08/25/09 22:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan

My mom bought it in 2000, and gave it to me this year; has roughly 224,000 miles on it, never needed anything expensive done to it, just routine maintenance. The tranny and engine still run just as strong as when my mom first bought it. After getting this car, I will always buy a foreign made car, never American made again. On the interstate it goes nice and smooth and I can't even hear the engine even though the car is turned on. Excellent vehicle, I hope it runs for many more miles.

RUNS GREAT for a 9 year old car
By ls on 08/22/09 07:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I got the 2000 Galant in 2003 with 30,000 miles. Since then I now have a total of 153,000 and the car runs great. The only consistent maintenance I have done is oil changes, replace tires and brakes when needed. I recently replaced the alternator this past winter and did the timing belts at the recommended 75,000 miles. I am pushing to reach that 200,000 miles mark!!!