Used 1999 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

I love my 1999 Galant DE Grace!
By valeries3

1999 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car on June 25, 1999 with 25 miles on the odometer and I named her Grace. I'm in tears because I finally traded Grace in on April 12, 2014 -- she had 419,574 miles on her with the original engine. The transmission went up on her at 402,359 miles in May 2013 and I actually had a transmission put in because I couldn't give up on her. She never gave me any problems even with the high miles. How did I get so many miles on her? I made sure the oil was changed religiously and did all flushes (don't laugh) that Jiffy Lube suggested. I also followed the guidelines from Mitsubishi for the tune-ups for the first 5 years. Grace is now in Frederick, MD at Renn Kirby Mitsubishi.

When I first had her, I drove 105 miles per day. She was easy to handle around curves and the look was sleek (I had my kids pick out the color -- black). After 11 years, I didn't have to drive her as much anymore but the handling was still good. Because it was only 4 cylinders, it didn't have a great "get up and go" but I was never one to slam on the gas when I took off anyway.

1999 must have been the worse year for the hubcaps! Those things kept breaking when I had the tires rotated. I would buy new ones, but when that got too expensive, I started going to HubCap City in Glen Burnie. I think I was buying the hubcaps I lost. I think it was in 2005 that I gave up and had all of my hubcaps removed.

We had a love/hate relationship....
By haylzmr

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I hated this car, but loved it so much at the same time. I totaled it not too long ago, and for one final time, it saved my life. I walked away without a scratch. The car, on the other hand.... It was pretty bad. My car had not been properly maintained (thanks to the person who had given me the car), so it had a LOT of issues. Aside from the issues, though, it was a great car to drive. I loved the way it handled. I always had fun driving it. I took it back and forth from Indiana to Virginia three times. We had some issues, but it got me there. It was pretty hard saying my final goodbyes to this car.

The way it handled, the sound system, safety.

1999 Mitsubishi
By mrsmoore

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I have had my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant for a year now and I love it. I bought it at 150k miles, it is now at 170k. The only major problem I've had with it was the transmission, which went out do to my user error, it burns a bit of oil and the turn radius is not the best. Its the V6 model, very peppy and accelerates very quickly even with the new tranny I put in it. I put premium grade fuel in it, high mileage engine oil and I have not had a problem with it's reliability. The A/C, heater, power locks and windows STILL work, even in he cold. This car is like a roach car, I'm pretty sure it won't die. I met someone who has his at 330K miles and counting, another guy and he hasn't had a complaint.

I like the hardiness of my car. The acceleration in the v6 3.0l is nice too.

Id like the interior things such as the air vents, buttons and such to be made of a more sturdy material. I plan to keep my car until it dies. I doubt the plastice accents will last as long as the engine.

My 99 Galant
By bearsfan22

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

My Galant which is a V6 is a great car overall, i love everything about it. The style, looks, and more. But, mostly the one thing that i love about this car would be the power that it has. I have put a couple grand into this car for performance so mine is puttin out about 210-215 horsepower. I have put this car to the test on the highway and in the city. I would mention this car to a few people I know. But, sadly, its a 99 and 1999 Galants arent made anymore. But if they still were i would mention this car to alot of people.

I like almost anything about the car the looks, and the feel when im driving.

The stereo system in the car needs to be improved, the suspension can be tweaked a little bit, and more power could be added to the engine while stock.

Strong daily driver
By jjimbo

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

My 1999 Mits Galant is one of the best cars I have bought so far. Strong engine and Transmission, OK suspension, roomy and classy interior, and great body style. Only improvments needed would be the suspension. It seems that Mitsubishi wanted to make this car more sporty and stiffened the shocks and struts.