1999 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews

1999 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
I love my 1999 Galant DE Grace!
By valeries3 on 11/08/14 13:00 PM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car on June 25, 1999 with 25 miles on the odometer and I named her Grace. I'm in tears because I finally traded Grace in on April 12, 2014 -- she had 419,574 miles on her with the original engine. The transmission went up on her at 402,359 miles in May 2013 and I actually had a transmission put in because I couldn't give up on her. She never gave me any problems even with the high miles. How did I get so many miles on her? I made sure the oil was changed religiously and did all flushes (don't laugh) that Jiffy Lube suggested. I also followed the guidelines from Mitsubishi for the tune-ups for the first 5 years. Grace is now in Frederick, MD at Renn Kirby Mitsubishi.

We had a love/hate relationship....
By haylzmr on 09/26/14 00:33 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I hated this car, but loved it so much at the same time. I totaled it not too long ago, and for one final time, it saved my life. I walked away without a scratch. The car, on the other hand.... It was pretty bad. My car had not been properly maintained (thanks to the person who had given me the car), so it had a LOT of issues. Aside from the issues, though, it was a great car to drive. I loved the way it handled. I always had fun driving it. I took it back and forth from Indiana to Virginia three times. We had some issues, but it got me there. It was pretty hard saying my final goodbyes to this car.

1999 Mitsubishi
By mrsmoore on 01/16/14 17:01 PM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I have had my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant for a year now and I love it. I bought it at 150k miles, it is now at 170k. The only major problem I've had with it was the transmission, which went out do to my user error, it burns a bit of oil and the turn radius is not the best. Its the V6 model, very peppy and accelerates very quickly even with the new tranny I put in it. I put premium grade fuel in it, high mileage engine oil and I have not had a problem with it's reliability. The A/C, heater, power locks and windows STILL work, even in he cold. This car is like a roach car, I'm pretty sure it won't die. I met someone who has his at 330K miles and counting, another guy and he hasn't had a complaint.

My 99 Galant
By bearsfan22 on 09/04/12 09:47 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

My Galant which is a V6 is a great car overall, i love everything about it. The style, looks, and more. But, mostly the one thing that i love about this car would be the power that it has. I have put a couple grand into this car for performance so mine is puttin out about 210-215 horsepower. I have put this car to the test on the highway and in the city. I would mention this car to a few people I know. But, sadly, its a 99 and 1999 Galants arent made anymore. But if they still were i would mention this car to alot of people.

Strong daily driver
By jjimbo on 01/24/12 00:38 AM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

My 1999 Mits Galant is one of the best cars I have bought so far. Strong engine and Transmission, OK suspension, roomy and classy interior, and great body style. Only improvments needed would be the suspension. It seems that Mitsubishi wanted to make this car more sporty and stiffened the shocks and struts.

Best Car for the Value!
By Quickster on 06/19/10 22:04 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with 108,000 miles for only $4,000. This car is fully loaded and is beautiful! Everything was in excellent condition. I now have roughly 123,000 miles and only have done two oil changes, replaced the tires and changed out the belts. This car runs so smoothly. Quick acceleration, very quiet. Stereo is great! Very comfortable. This car is a head turner! Everyone envies me of this car. It looks and feels like a luxury sedan, and looks like it would be worth tons more. I highly recommend this car!

I Love Mitsubishi!
By DrivinFool on 12/15/09 01:15 AM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

When I first got this car in 2006, I was really worried because it had over 106k. I bought the extended warranty and that eventually expired. The only thing I've had to replace on the car in 3.5 yrs was a windshield ($130), a new battery ($50), new tires ($250), the engine belt was squealing but I didn't replace it until it broke as I was on the highway and caused overheating and needed a new radiator, old one cracked (my bad). Oh, and brake pads. THAT'S IT! Love my car and intend on buying another Galant when the time comes.

Love it!
By vikas on 11/04/09 15:01 PM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for almost 3 years and never had any problems at all. So low on maintenance and fun to drive. I had an accident and it got totaled, but till last day I loved it.

My old, boring, and outdated ride
By bookieyawan on 06/09/09 05:01 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

This car may be fast because of its engine. My father thinks this is the best car he has ever had. This car may have a powerful engine I agree, but in my opinion I would say that I don't like this car too much. The reason is that this car has shown its age already. Go anywhere like hotels, restaurants, or even just shopping malls. Many of the cars I see are new or younger than this banger. Every time this car is in use I feel I'm lagging behind because this car is old while those people they have fairly or brand new cars.This car is outdated already. We have a 2004 Dodge Durango but we seldom use it because it's a gas guzzler. We also have 2004 Camry but my father says this is much nicer to drive.

Great Car
By G4 on 06/07/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Galant for 2 years now, no problems except a hose that broke and the ever troublesome glove box latch. My glove box would fly open going over bumps or pot holes in the road! It only cost us $25 for the part to replace it though. Brakes are great except they squeak all the time. Fun car to drive in the summer, not good in the snow/ice at all. Very reliable, but mine is a V6 and the gas gauge drops pretty quick and the manual says to give it premium fuel, ouch! We were thinking about trading it in but just couldn't give it up because it's such a reliable car that has a great body design and looks good even 10 years later.