1997 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Love it
By Rosie on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought it in Minnesota, loved it because it kept me warm, love it in AZ because it keeps me cool even in 100+ weather. I have spent minimum amount of monies on repairs/maintenance. Hope she last me another 30 years or more.

Excellent,Reliable,Good price
By bmc on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased 97 ES model from original owner with all records two years ago. Up to know,only change tires and oil change regularly. With almost 30-40% less money to get some 97 model of Camry or Accord. I would have only got 94 Honda CIVIC. Car is roomy & powerful comfortable,fancy woodgrain panel,nice stereo. It's very worthy used car if you can get from original owner who took good care of!

Great
By Willie100 on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Very efficient engine, sharp exterior, comfortable interior

Great Car
By Mcam on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

My Galant has over 100k miles and it still runs great. I've had no problems with this car. It is solid and reliable. I have the 5 speed std. It is quick and handles nicely in corners.

Better than ever
By jefro on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car is under rated. Better than my last car which was a Camry. The Galant is really dependable and I love it.

Good Basic Car
By Zarkov on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I own a '97 Galant DE and as compared to a '98 Accord I leased, it is an excellent and much less expensive replacement. It's lighter, and less refined than the Honda particularly in how it feels on the road and the interior design, but I have found it to be a bit quieter, and a better value when considering an Accord might cost 2X.

This car is better then my 91' Passat
By Phoney Maloney on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought it @ 21k mi its at 50k mi now all i've done to it is was general maintenece and the ball joint recall it is ridding fine. It aint a Honda or a Toyota but it is a suitatble substitute if you practice general maintenence.... I wouldn't trust the newer versions based on their extensive recalls on the 1999's and 2000's apperenlty MITSU has cleaned up all of the mistakes in the 2002 model. But I dunno...