1997 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Its a B.A.M! - Bummin' Around Mobile!
By Virgo'sGalant on 08/18/06 12:19 PM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

I got my 1997 Mitsubishi Galant cheap off of Ebay with 173,000 miles on it. I replaced several OEM parts and upgraded the wheels/tires. This car gets good gas mileage and allows me to keep wear/tear off the two family cars. Its 2.4L engine is torquey. I will upgrade the brakes / suspension next, then add a new air intake.

Good car for price
By Minneapolis on 03/23/06 09:34 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 5 years and have been very happy with it. I have been looking at new cars for about 12 months... and it is just so hard to convince myself to have a car payment when my Galant just keeps going and going. I haven't had any major troubles with it. The transmission has always felt funny - like it was going to go - but never has. It is a good car and it has surprisingly quick acceleration on the highways (for a 97, 2.4L sedan).

Very Uneven
By SV on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

Bought it used at 38,000 Excellent Performance, Good Handling, very Torquey engine. Good Brakes, Sharp Steering, but very over geared. At 75 on fifth, I find myself trying to upshift to a higher gear. Had to replace gearbox at 70000. and electic roof at 50,000. Admittedly I have put 82,000 in a little over 3 years. The same kind of milage I used to put in my 91 Camry which I had to kill after 230000 miles due ro rust. Would I buy another mitusbishi? Probabaly not. Would rather pay the premium for a Camry.

Great Car
By Mcam on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

My Galant has over 100k miles and it still runs great. I've had no problems with this car. It is solid and reliable. I have the 5 speed std. It is quick and handles nicely in corners.

Good Basic Car
By Zarkov on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Galant DE 4dr Sedan

I own a '97 Galant DE and as compared to a '98 Accord I leased, it is an excellent and much less expensive replacement. It's lighter, and less refined than the Honda particularly in how it feels on the road and the interior design, but I have found it to be a bit quieter, and a better value when considering an Accord might cost 2X.