1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Love this car!
By mdark on 11/02/11 23:01 PM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 150k miles on it, has had a few minor issues but nothing abnormal for a car that's now pushing 165k miles. The car is extremely comfortable, I love driving it and the gas economy for a 1996 is AMAZING. The freeway MPG is phenomenal, however it dislikes stop and go in-town driving and traffic. Extremely reliable and the maintenance fees are pretty reasonable. I'd recommend this car to anyone, I can expect it to go 200k with ease.

Galant GS
By Monkey on 01/29/10 13:27 PM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Great little car. Even after adding some bolt on power (turbo) the car was very reliable. This is until we hit 170000, then the engine had a few stumbles. At 175000 the engine said its about my time and the transmission soon followed. I am sure that had this drivetrain remained stock it would have easily hit the 250000 mark.

It's finally time to sell
By Nick on 08/27/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 104K on it back in 01. Had it ever since. I now have 225K and it is finally time to get rid of it. The last 20K have had some problems with it, but what car wouldn't at that many miles. Paint has chipped off and some rusting around the wheel wells. Did most repairs myself. Good car for the price I paid. Drove it into the ground but it still gets 25mpg.

Big style, little substance.
By MBowen574 on 10/08/05 22:17 PM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1996 Mitsubishi Galant as a college car. It had 83,400 miles on it when bought, now it is at 90,850 miles. I love the styling, inside and out. I love that it's easy to work on. I just love this car. I've done a great deal of work on it, and have mostly gotten it all working again. The engine is really smooth for a 4-cyl. with the A/C off, the interior has held up really well, all the problems the car had when I got it have been relatively easy to fix. It's a shame the parts are so expensive and the major components (engine, transmission) are so finicky about care and proper maintainence. I can provide great care to this car, and have. The previous owners didn't. It's a shame really. I plan to keep it for a long time! This is an awesome car!

my mitsubishi ...it's time to sell =0(
By patty on 08/10/05 18:29 PM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 105,000 miles on it. Everyone told me not too, it has been a wonderful car and is now pushing 180,000 miles! Great gas milage, quick for a 4-cylinder! Fun little car to drive with overdrive at the push of a button and power everything and leather seats and even a spolier on the back! I have to sell it now. If you buy one, I hope you have as much luck with yours as I have had.

Great Car
By DivaahJoy on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

had 600 miles on it when i bought it. has almost 200,000 now. very few problems first 4-5 years - just brakes and oil changes. recently have more major repairs - engine, a/c, water pump - but repair costs have been reasonable. would recommend Mitsubishi to anyone. will buy another car within year but this has served me well.

The reasonable car
By planotx on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

All I have to say about this car that it's the perfect combination of every use for you money. It is fast enough, comfortable enough, not too expensive to take care of, fun enough and still not too out of fashion.

galant
By quiz on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

bad changed engine, radiator, crank pully, exaust, tires, all around 115,000 miles. really bad experiance. Also the overdrive is busted

What a car.
By Whitey92 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I'll tell ya this is my first car and it has given me no major problems. I got it around 70,000 miles, and it purrs. Only problem at 75,000 miles on cold winter night altenator belt snapped while on highway, got home safely battery was drained but only problem. Fast car has got some sack if you know what I mean. Handles amazingly.

96 Galant
By jjs2003 on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

A great car! I have 125,000 miles and only expense is oil changes & tires.