1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Unbeatable Value
By Mike on 08/15/08 09:13 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1995 Mitsubishi Galant S in 2000 with 79,000. I beat the hell out of it but it kept going. This was my pizza delivery car. I put 240,000 city miles on the original engine until it burnt so much oil I got pulled over by a cop because he though my car was on fire. (Cold starts in winter would look like smoke bombs going off.) I recommend this car with the manual transmission if you can find one in decent shape. Despite my criticisms, this car is a really cool car.

unbelievable
By John-01 on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Every month I am amazed. 170,000 miles and still going strong but burns oil. Very little maintenance. Only regular maintainence and 770.00 in repairs to engine 18 months ago. Truly spectacular reliability.

Good reliable car!
By LauraB on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 8 1/2 years and this is easily the most reliable car I have ever owned. Just keep up with regular maintenance and it runs like a dream.

95 Mits Gallant
By yerffej on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It's been in my family for about 8 years (survived 2 undergrad colleges) and we've had very few problems with it. Right now it's at a good 155K mi and it seems like it can't wait to start up in the morning. I figure it's good for another 50K with regular oil changes. It's a good buy- I would recommend this car to anyone.

Great Car
By Danman9264 on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as my first car in Nov. 2002. The car has been great to me. Many people said that Mitsus were unreliable but so far, that seems not to be true. The car runs perfectly and the engine sounds smoother than most newer cars. The only problem I had was that the alternator froze over, but that's because I left the car sitting in the cold for over 2 and a half months.

95 Galant first car
By Diseasicon on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

For my first car, I ended up buying a 95' galant. I had looked into many other cars, and when I finally test drove the galant, I decided to buy it. The car is incredibly powerful for only 141 horses and a 4 cylinder, especially mated to the 5-speed manual. The only problems I've had were with my alternator, which froze because i left the car sitting in the cold, through snow in the winter for 3 months without running it. Otherwise, the car has been extremely reliable, and already, I have a potential buyer when I sell it.

Money Pit
By Evolution on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used at 82000 miles The car is just plain out horrible mechanicly, aesthitically its decent for its year but under the hood its just a huge money pit at 85000 miles it needed a new trans $2,500 to replace (for the auto's) and at 94000 miles my timing belt went has caused over another $2000 worth of damage total this is more than i paid for the car. A long with the recalls and other problems with this car its just an outright horrible buy.

When it goes, it doesn't linger
By ifkristen on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Galant with 68K on it just about 2 years ago. I put 40K on it to date. I found it very comfortable compared to my Tercel, and the engine, even linked to an automatic, was acceptable. As the miles wore on, things wore out: the engine and tranny are suddenly developing some severe problems, the trunk leaks, the moonroof motor burned out, the fuel door latch doesn't work, the power locks don't work, the power windows are badly aligned and struggle to move along their track. On the plus side, the car has been rear-ended twice by BIG SUVs. I wouldn't buy another Mitsu, though.

Blue Smoke
By Ready to Sell on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 46k miles and it's been very reliable. Having the timing belt changed could be a bit expensive at $450 each recommended service change. Warning! Somewhere around the 96K, I started seeing blue smoke coming from the tailpipe. The dealership told me it was the valves and it would cost $3000 to repair. A friend told me it was common problem with most late model Mitsubishi vehicles. And to take notice on my way home, I took notice and it appeares that all the late models I saw did smoke.

Not a Toyota, Nissan or Honda, But
By Gerardo Torres on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Good handling, but the automatic transmission and motor are not as reliable as a Toyota, Honda or Nissan. If I sell it I will definitely buy one of this other japanese cars.