Used 1995 Mitsubishi Galant S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Unbeatable Value
By Mike

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1995 Mitsubishi Galant S in 2000 with 79,000. I beat the hell out of it but it kept going. This was my pizza delivery car. I put 240,000 city miles on the original engine until it burnt so much oil I got pulled over by a cop because he though my car was on fire. (Cold starts in winter would look like smoke bombs going off.) I recommend this car with the manual transmission if you can find one in decent shape. Despite my criticisms, this car is a really cool car.

Favorite Features

This car was a pizza delivery boy's dream car. I had the 5-speed. Lots of torque provide really quick launches. Easy access, excellent visibility, cheap to fix, nice factory rear speakers, good control layout... This car provides an excellent value. Later bought a 1996 Galant w/ the 5- speed mnl

Suggested Improvements

The integrity of the body is bad. I suspect it's because they used cheap plastic and a unsatisfactory design to hold the panels together. Also, the engine will burn oil. This is normal for this engine.

unbelievable
By John-01

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

Every month I am amazed. 170,000 miles and still going strong but burns oil. Very little maintenance. Only regular maintainence and 770.00 in repairs to engine 18 months ago. Truly spectacular reliability.

Favorite Features

Truly amazing reliability at 170,000 miles. I don't beat my car. Its a very nice looking car.

Suggested Improvements

With age the front lenses cloud up on the headlights.

Good reliable car!
By LauraB

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 8 1/2 years and this is easily the most reliable car I have ever owned. Just keep up with regular maintenance and it runs like a dream.

Favorite Features

For a 4 cylinder engine it runs more like a 6. Nice styling.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything!

95 Mits Gallant
By yerffej

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It's been in my family for about 8 years (survived 2 undergrad colleges) and we've had very few problems with it. Right now it's at a good 155K mi and it seems like it can't wait to start up in the morning. I figure it's good for another 50K with regular oil changes. It's a good buy- I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

It's speedy, comfortable for long trips, and gets relatively good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

I've seen a lot of them driving around with sagging ceilings, which are a pain. Also, the engine rumbles sometimes in first gear after initial turnover until you ease up on the gas

Great Car
By Danman9264

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as my first car in Nov. 2002. The car has been great to me. Many people said that Mitsus were unreliable but so far, that seems not to be true. The car runs perfectly and the engine sounds smoother than most newer cars. The only problem I had was that the alternator froze over, but that's because I left the car sitting in the cold for over 2 and a half months.

Favorite Features

Strong 4 Cylinder, matches many 6 cylinders of its age. Handles well despite small wheels, easy to use manual transmission. Build Quality is on par with other Japanese Car makers.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the VR-4 models, 4-wheel drivetrain.