1995 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
My Galant makes me proud
By dktmajor on 04/03/13 16:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant LS 4dr Sedan

I drive for a living, hi-way and streets, doing warranty work for computers so I put 100-200 miles a day of hard driving on my car. I did my first repair at 372k miles when a hose ruptured. Made a "hose" out of duct tape, secured it to the radiator and engine block and drove to the auto parts store where I replaced the hose. The head gasket was replaced at 448k, lower control arm at 537k, original starter at 579k and the engine siezed at 597,893. I did tuneups every four months, fuel filter changed when I changed my clocks, used only hi octane gas (preserves the catalytic convertor this way) Love Galants

1995 Mitsubishi Galant LS
By MY 95 GALANT LS on 08/20/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as my first car in Nov. 1998 with 43K miles in NYC when my daughter was born. Then move to NC with 139K. I still drive this car daily to work. It great on gas and for a 4 cylinder it has the power like a V6. It has 201,500 miles and still pulling strong and quite. Change oil every 3k on time, change timing belt every 60K and tune up on time. Shocking but true. It still has the original rear breaks from factory.WOW I can't believe it either. The only problem i had was alignment, problem solved after i replaced all 4 shocks, no camber kits required. Great car, reliable, quick, fun to drive. I'm expecting to get 250K before my next timing belt change. Then I'll let her go.

Unbeatable Value
By Mike on 08/15/08 09:13 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1995 Mitsubishi Galant S in 2000 with 79,000. I beat the hell out of it but it kept going. This was my pizza delivery car. I put 240,000 city miles on the original engine until it burnt so much oil I got pulled over by a cop because he though my car was on fire. (Cold starts in winter would look like smoke bombs going off.) I recommend this car with the manual transmission if you can find one in decent shape. Despite my criticisms, this car is a really cool car.

Excellent Car
By Monica on 01/04/07 06:12 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for many years now and it has not failed me once. If you find one, keep it. I have a second new car (not a Galant, nor Mitsubishi), but still keep the Galant in case the new one fails.

1995 Mitsubishi Galant
By Ian on 04/08/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I am a mechanic and after a rediculously reliable Honda I bought a Mitsubishi Galant with comfortable seats. This car has comfort and good looks, but I am glad I am a mechanic. I have managed to fix most problems relatively cheaply. I have tips for owners if the central lock stops working - replace the window switch cluster. If your car turns off and won't go until you a few minutes or it maybe turns off then on when driving you need a crank angle sensor on the distributor. The lower ball joints failing make a gunching sound when turning. I had to replace both. Overall this is a nice looking touring car. It has comfort, style, and modest performance, but poor reliability with high milage.

unbelievable
By John-01 on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

Every month I am amazed. 170,000 miles and still going strong but burns oil. Very little maintenance. Only regular maintainence and 770.00 in repairs to engine 18 months ago. Truly spectacular reliability.

Good reliable car!
By LauraB on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 8 1/2 years and this is easily the most reliable car I have ever owned. Just keep up with regular maintenance and it runs like a dream.

I love it
By MorganE on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my '95 Galant and haven't had any problem with it that you wouldn't expect out of a 7 year old car. The first time I test drove it I knew it was the car for me. Has nice styling inside and out.

95 Mits Gallant
By yerffej on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It's been in my family for about 8 years (survived 2 undergrad colleges) and we've had very few problems with it. Right now it's at a good 155K mi and it seems like it can't wait to start up in the morning. I figure it's good for another 50K with regular oil changes. It's a good buy- I would recommend this car to anyone.

Great Car
By Danman9264 on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Galant S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as my first car in Nov. 2002. The car has been great to me. Many people said that Mitsus were unreliable but so far, that seems not to be true. The car runs perfectly and the engine sounds smoother than most newer cars. The only problem I had was that the alternator froze over, but that's because I left the car sitting in the cold for over 2 and a half months.