1994 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Not So Bad After 13

1994 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Review

Not So Bad After 13 Years
By philsie on

1994 Mitsubishi Galant GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Galant GS (manual) new in Jan. '94. It has had no ultra-major issues over the years, just the tie-rods problematic were and it need frequent alignments (and tires). I replaced the timing belt and a few weeks later the water pump died (always get them replaced at same time). I had a valve break off a piece; which cost about $2,000 to replace. I now have about 155,000 miles on it and I'm getting around 27 mpg in city driving. The power is missing from the good ole days but my milage has improved. It burns a little oil but otherwise I expect I could run it up to 200,000 miles. I have the original transmission (but it's a manual and even after grinding numerous gears over 13 years it still shifts fine - though sometimes first is a little sticky to get into).

Favorite Features

The interior has held up very well for 13 years. The exterior still shines with no visible rusting.

Suggested Improvements

The front end could hold up better. The trunk could be roomier, but I guess the newer ones are.